Jul 22, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #41,522 of 45,723
Jul 22, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #41,523 of 45,723
Does anyone know the exact region code for UK ? there seems to be 2 of them
region chart

Annotation 2020-07-22 162529.jpg

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #41,524 of 45,723
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #41,526 of 45,723
Unfortunately I cannot answer, I was so disappointed with the abysmal volume limit / crippling, that I switched straight away, without verifying...

i wonder actually, if you can set U.K.- with volume limit off, never thought of that

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #41,527 of 45,723
Unfortunately I cannot answer, I was so disappointed with the abysmal volume limit / crippling, that I switched straight away, without verifying...

i wonder actually, if you can set U.K.- with volume limit off, never thought of that
The UK region was fantastic which kept me for many years without changing daps, I think the J region has a bit more treble.

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #41,528 of 45,723
I'd like to try the new fw but then if I wanna go back to stock 3.2 do I need to reset my playtime hour count? I wouldn't like to reset it. :-/

So I believe your referring to the update that allows you to "switch from either the 1a or the 1z within the player". This function replaces the "factory reset" button in the settings menu but in order to get this button to appear you must use the factory reset button, which in turn will reset your play time counter. I'm not sure if a further update was made to simply replace the "factory reset" button with the "switch model" button without having to use "factory reset" though.

Jul 22, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #41,529 of 45,723
This function replaces the "factory reset" button in the settings menu but in order to get this button to appear you must use the factory reset button, which in turn will reset your play time counter.

It was never like this and I never mentioned that :)

So no, you don't need to do any factory resets.

For all the necessary info, read the main post for the mod, link in my signature. Do not "create" steps that you have to do. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #41,530 of 45,723
It was never like this and I never mentioned that :)

So no, you don't need to do any factory resets.

For all the necessary info, read the main post for the mod, link in my signature. Do not "create" steps that you have to do. Thanks!

Sorry about that! I must have read the original post stating the update wrong. So with the newly update WM1AZ+, which integrates the switcher into the mod, all I have to do is install this update package over the existing one on my device and the "switch device" button will appear?

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #41,531 of 45,723
So I believe your referring to
The misunderstanding came from member Robert P describing the specific issue with his unit, which he should not have confused with the firmware mod.

In the end, after factory restored. Now the 1A I have sounds almost similar to WM1AZ+ with fuller proper sony sound house. And music instruments sound more accurate.
Of course restoring to stock is similar tunning as the firmware mod is said to use stock tunnig.

Is your mention of more accurate sound is in comparison to your previous tuning?
I ask Because it instead seems like your promoting stock firmware.
Did you do a factory restore on the WM1AZ+ ROM? That would explain the unit sounding better than before..

The WM1AZ+ firmware mod is a substantial improvement over stock.

The question I have is, at what point does one need to do a factory reset, as @RobertP suggested?
This is result of the confusion of reading posts of modders having specific issue.

To keep in mind, Robert P was making many Tunning mods, so it was unfortunate that he resorted to reset and loose his hours, but that was his decision, and is a different topic than this firmware mod.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #41,532 of 45,723
Sorry about that! I must have read the original post stating the update wrong. So with the newly update WM1AZ+, which integrates the switcher into the mod, all I have to do is install this update package over the existing one on my device and the "switch device" button will appear?
Yes, the new version replaces factory reset with switch device model.

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #41,533 of 45,723
I’ll finally be able to test this since today is a holiday in Japan. Hope the DSEE HX sounds as good as it did on the DMP-Z1 and TA. It was really good on the SA-Z1

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #41,534 of 45,723
all I have to do is install this update package over the existing one on my device and the "switch device" button will appear?

Yes, you can just install it.

Just clarifying, to avoid misunderstandings - after every update, the package is a standalone package, and not an update package, so you can just install it, without needing to already have an older version installed or anything like that.

Also, after every update, I always update the main post for the mod with any new instructions or information. :)

Cheers!

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #41,535 of 45,723
The misunderstanding came from member Robert P describing the specific issue with his unit, which he should not have confused with the firmware mod.

Of course restoring to stock is similar tunning as the firmware mod is said to use stock tunnig.

Is your mention of more accurate sound is in comparison to your previous tuning?
I ask Because it instead seems like your promoting stock firmware.
Did you do a factory restore on the WM1AZ+ ROM? That would explain the unit sounding better than before..

The WM1AZ+ firmware mod is a substantial improvement over stock.

This is result of the confusion of reading posts of modders having specific issue.

To keep in mind, Robert P was making many Tunning mods, so it was unfortunate that he resorted to reset and loose his hours, but that was his decision, and is a different topic than this firmware mod.
Believe me, I take proper steps for restore back to vanilla version OEM v3.02 update. Sounds really good with my modded 1A. PMed details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back