SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #39,361 of 45,723
What I meant was if you compare XM3 running on wired mode(powered up mode) as compared to it's ldac performance.

Take for example if you run xm3 via wired mode LG V20 Ess Sabre dac and compared to Lg v20's bluetooth ldac connection. You will find that the bass on Bluetooth mode is gimped(can't think of a better word)

But of course XM3 overall sound quality in any mode isnt what I would grade as audiophile level headphones. They are just entry level audio equipment.

The MDR-1AM2 is technically so much more proficient than the XM3 in every regard.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #39,362 of 45,723
What I meant was if you compare XM3 running on wired mode(powered up mode) as compared to it's ldac performance.

Take for example if you run xm3 via wired mode LG V20 Ess Sabre dac and compared to Lg v20's bluetooth ldac connection. You will find that the bass on Bluetooth mode is gimped(can't think of a better word)

But of course XM3 overall sound quality in any mode isnt what I would grade as audiophile level headphones. They are just entry level audio equipment.

The MDR-1AM2 is technically so much more proficient than the XM3 in every regard.

Ah. Never tried them wired when I had them

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #39,363 of 45,723
music and some good weed have really helped me get throught these weird, neurotic times - and ofc

let me pm you a vinyl rip of this one (plus a few more DB albums) by possibly the best vinyl ripper on the planet atm

imagine the crystal clear sound of cd mixed with the organic/analog warmth of the vinyl

best of both worlds , in other words.
Can you pm me too? Would like to hear if it’s as good as you says

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #39,364 of 45,723
Wow, shiver my timbers...

I think this has to be done...
Welcome to the rabbit cable whole, it’s deep and very welcoming! Hahaha 😆
And wallet busting too Lol

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #39,366 of 45,723
Jun 10, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #39,367 of 45,723
Why is it said that the MX3 region does not support BT recevier? I just switched my 1Z to MX3 and I could use it.

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #39,368 of 45,723
Ripping vinyl to digital is an art and requires very good gear plus software paired with skill and patience and can produce very good resulte

True and the end result is simply epic in the right hands exactly where it should be, not clinical or sanitised...

Q-6

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #39,369 of 45,723
Why is it said that the MX3 region does not support BT recevier? I just switched my 1Z to MX3 and I could use it.

On my CN WM1A the BT remote was not present on MX3, maybe need to flip though more regions? Definitely didn't have the remote option in settings going from J to MX3.

Q-6

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #39,370 of 45,723
For users with WH-1000XM3, using a Sony walkman(any model) with LDAC sound quality mode is the closest you will ever get to wired mode.

In my experience, all other mobile phone, including Sony's own Xperia LDAC Bluetooth lacks the deep, emotive, musical bass which only Sony walkman Bluetooth LDAC codec can present.

The only part which is missing from the Sony ldac vs wired s-master hx 3.5mm, is the airy treble/high frequency sound which the LDAC codec can't reproduce in full.
Agreed, QFT!

I was really pleasantly surprised by the Ananda BT, to the point that i needed to out the treble filters on the FH7 as they sounded congested in comparison
On my CN WM1A the BT remote was not present on MX3, maybe need to flip though more regions? Definitely didn't have the remote option in settings going from J to MX3.

Q-6
CA is another region that has it.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #39,371 of 45,723
Agreed, QFT!

I was really pleasantly surprised by the Ananda BT, to the point that i needed to out the treble filters on the FH7 as they sounded congested in comparison
CA is another region that has it.

Yep CA has the BT commander, flying low tonight :gs1000smile:

Q-6

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #39,372 of 45,723
After testing all the regions with different fw I've definitely made my mind... I'm staying in the J region with Orion5. It's the best sounding combo I've heard with my gear. I feel it lacks a tiny bit of something along the low frequencies, but it's so open, natural, and resolute that no other combo makes me enjoy music this much. My region ranking as of today is:
1 - J
2 - MX3
3 - U
4 - CN
5 - CA tied with E (even though different sound signatures)
I did not tried TW because I don't like too much bass.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #39,373 of 45,723
I just thought there is one last combo I need to try. Orion9 with China region on the 1Z. I need to check if the excellent warmth of Orion9 plus the treble boosted China region mixes well.
Stage8 has a bit more treble than 9 with my gear. But a little less warmth. Have you try it?

After testing all the regions with different fw I've definitely made my mind... I'm staying in the J region with Orion5. It's the best sounding combo I've heard with my gear. I feel it lacks a tiny bit of something along the low frequencies, but it's so open, natural, and resolute that no other combo makes me enjoy music this much. My region ranking as of today is:
1 - J
2 - MX3
3 - U
4 - CN
5 - CA tied with E (even though different sound signatures)
I did not tried TW because I don't like too much bass.
If added more low end to stage5 tune, some clarity, natural and resolution will be gone. It's hard to preserve them.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #39,374 of 45,723
I was surprised when I first found out that the different regions and firmwares had different tunings, strange that they decide that different countries have different tastes they decide to cater for, does any other company do this?
I understand the volume cap is complying with a region's law requirements, but the fact that not all regions have the ability to use the bluetooth remote is something I can't understand - I know the remote is not sold everywhere but to restrict some countries from using it seems an odd move, especially from a sales perspective.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #39,375 of 45,723
I was surprised when I first found out that the different regions and firmwares had different tunings, strange that they decide that different countries have different tastes they decide to cater for, does any other company do this?
I understand the volume cap is complying with a region's law requirements, but the fact that not all regions have the ability to use the bluetooth remote is something I can't understand - I know the remote is not sold everywhere but to restrict some countries from using it seems an odd move, especially from a sales perspective.
It’s a more common thing than you’d think.

By example, sticking with Sony, you had ES components, but you also had QS components, which were tuned to UK tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back