SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #36,631 of 45,723
Well, I don't have that much time to also experiment with regions. Avlos on J really sounds special, and has plenty of bass to me. Diavlos has even a bit more.

J is the most balanced of the regions, although a touch veiled in the highs. Other regions are more V shaped E, some tilted to bass TW, some tilted to higher resolution CN. IMO best regions are J, MX3 & CEV, equally your IEM/HP & music will also play a big part.

Note some Regions do not support Sony's BT Remote (RMT-NWS20)

Q-6

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #36,632 of 45,723
J is the most balanced of the regions, although a touch veiled in the highs. Other regions are more V shaped E, some tilted to bass TW, some tilted to higher resolution CN. IMO best regions are J, MX3 & CEV, equally your IEM/HP & music will also play a big part.

Note some Regions do not support Sony's BT Remote (RMT-NWS20)

Q-6
Only Regions E and J support Sony's BT Remote (RMT-NWS20)

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #36,633 of 45,723
Apocalyptica's best album for me
600x600bb.jpg
Flows beautifully, deep & moving...

Q-6

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #36,634 of 45,723
From my basic Japanese understanding I think it detected the Japanese region change which added/unlocked a Japanese only feature, a link to download music from Mora.jp. But I think because you are outside of Japan it won't allow a direct link from the program and it is asking you to try using your browser to access the site.

That makes sense. Thanks Hinomotocho.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #36,635 of 45,723
Only Regions E and J support Sony's BT Remote (RMT-NWS20)

More do it's just not publicised, however not all, which is a pity as MX3 is excellent. From memory; J, E, CA, TW, CN support RMT-NWS20, potentially more.

Q-6

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #36,636 of 45,723
More do it's just not publicised, however not all, which is a pity as MX3 is excellent. From memory; J, E, CA, TW, CN support RMT-NWS20, potentially more.

Q-6

how is MX3 compared to J ?

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #36,637 of 45,723

I found mx3 more dynamic and more powerful in presentation and has much tighter bass, mids present nice natural voices and more closer to you. Highs are not bright nor recessed.

J has more airy presentation and not as deep in sub bass. J is also easy to listen.
MX3 is over all a dynamic and and active sound presentation, I find MX3 more natural while J is more special.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #36,638 of 45,723

MX3 is more dynamic, U shaped, boosts the bass and treble, yet maintains a good mid range, touch narrower than J. Flip the switch, ultimately your ears will decide :) E is more V shaped and can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's. Best bet is to listen to a very familiar track then flip to see the difference.

J to me offers the best Region for tuning, and will suit those with a wide variety of genres, of all the Regions personally I'd opt for J or MX3. I've yet to try CEV as that may be another Region that will impress...

Q-6

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #36,639 of 45,723
CEV is to low in volume I dont find it as good as mx3, I did like it at first but to recessed over all :frowning2:
I like J but MX3 is better, I have to admit when I had stock 1z I didnt like neither CEV nor MX3 lol. I liked the U second the J

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #36,640 of 45,723
MX3 is more dynamic, U shaped, boosts the bass and treble, yet maintains a good mid range, touch narrower than J. Flip the switch, ultimately your ears will decide :) E is more V shaped and can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's. Best bet is to listen to a very familiar track then flip to see the difference.

J to me offers the best Region for tuning, and will suit those with a wide variety of genres, of all the Regions personally I'd opt for J or MX3. I've yet to try CEV as that may be another Region that will impress...

Q-6
I agree that E can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's like the Solaris SE and the DHC Clone Silver. I was glad when I moved to J and sticking to that and experimenting with all the different tunings. Currently I'm liking Avlos with the 1A. Going to try Diavlos on the 1Z.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #36,641 of 45,723
I found mx3 more dynamic and more powerful in presentation and has much tighter bass, mids present nice natural voices and more closer to you. Highs are not bright nor recessed.

J has more airy presentation and not as deep in sub bass. J is also easy to listen.
MX3 is over all a dynamic and and active sound presentation, I find MX3 more natural while J is more special.

I would say that J is more accurate on WM1A, MX3 is more enjoyable. J is more balanced which lends to those of us who listen across multiple IEM & genres

CN - Tuned for the Chinese market, heavy on resolution, bass is tamed
CA - Mid bass spills over, big fun & bouncy wears off in time
J - Relatively neutral, little veiled in the treble, equally allows for prolonged listening without fatigue
E - V shaped, can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's, fine on ZX300, not so much on WM1A
MX3 - U shaped very musical and enjoyable
TW - Trades of resolution for bass, with narrower staging

Worth noting these changes are rather nuanced, depending on your IEM & HP, choice of genres and hearing; if I had to call it J & MX3...

Q-6

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #36,642 of 45,723
I agree that E can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's like the Solaris SE and the DHC Clone Silver. I was glad when I moved to J and sticking to that and experimenting with all the different tunings. Currently I'm liking Avlos with the 1A. Going to try Diavlos on the 1Z.

I ran my ZX300 on E for a good while without out any issue, 30 seconds into E with a very familiar track with the same IEM (Andromeda) on WM1A I was reaching for the USB cable :) Speaks volumes as the WM1A is simply far more resolving than the ZX300 and more suited to J or MX3 IMO

Q-6

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #36,643 of 45,723
I would say that J is more accurate on WM1A, MX3 is more enjoyable. J is more balanced which lends to those of us who listen across multiple IEM & genres

CN - Tuned for the Chinese market, heavy on resolution, bass is tamed
CA - Mid bass spills over, big fun & bouncy wears in time
J - Relatively neutral, little veiled in the treble, equally allows for prolonged listening without fatigue
E - V shaped, can be piercing with some highly resolving IEM's, fie on ZX300, not so much on WM1A
MX3 - U shaped very musical and enjoyable
TW - Trades of resolution for bass, with narrower staging

Worth noting these changes are rather nuanced, depending on your IEM & HP, choice of genres and hearing; if I had to call it J & MX3...

Q-6
Thanks for that:thumbsup:

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #36,644 of 45,723
Thanks for that:thumbsup:

Just impressions, best to try for yourself as is no risk. Very easy to flip through the various regions, best to pick the same well known High Res track and the difference should be noticeable.

Q-6

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #36,645 of 45,723
It's all in the title
600x600bb.jpg
Groove is on...

Q-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back