SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #34,801 of 45,723
I freaking love IER Z1R too much!!! I smell something good incoming !!!!

Something like Solis!!
5874BB9C-83CF-4DEA-9AD7-4FCF23C3FA1E.jpeg

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #34,802 of 45,723
Talking about shielding in audio, if walkman has minimal ground or shield
How come walkmans have zero RF Noise interferences, even if my cellphone is on top of WM1A?

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #34,805 of 45,723
Mar 21, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #34,807 of 45,723
In my opinion, cables is the last in the chain where you already maxed out everything and nowhere else to improve. It could be very little or substantial, and depends on the build, dedication that goes into it. A high end cables is not only about the wires materials and fancy words salad. It is about the synergies, the choices to improve the systems between personal preferences, gears being used.

I am making a new cables that is better than stock. Better in performances, enough to compromises the tank like and superb Build quality of stock cables that minimize microphonic to the least.

Atleast I am tuning it to my liking, so the choices of each components will reflect that. I could explain it all as of why....but I ain’t selling it...the job is reserved for people who make money from cables :wink:. At the prices that they charge, the least they can do is to personalize and choose “components, to synergize with personal preferences and systems”. But feel free to pay in and buy for universal tuning. Because upgraded cables do bring upgraded performances and is very real to my experiences.

Did I already show you all that firmwares and synergies is so important ? Yes...so does Cables, System, constructions, and the Buds that it is hooked up to.

The only different view is that at this expensive cost and charge, it should be more personal and catered toward dedication instead of Universal. For example, an AK SP2K SS sound different than Copper, given if it is firmware differences or hardware, the differences are there...and even more so when compare to Walkman. Therefore a cables for IER-Z1R that is catered toward SP2K SS has to be different from Copper and or Walkman 1A and 1Z..unless specified by the user....it should not be universal

anyways, feel free to buy universal because at least with Walkman , you have planetary to choose your own poison :wink:
And I should stop preaching ...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #34,808 of 45,723
anyways, feel free to buy universal because at least with Walkman , you have planetary to choose your own poison :wink:
And I should stop preaching ...
Yes u should, haha. Sharing cancelled just now, now my ass is saved...

Mar 21, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #34,810 of 45,723
IJupiter301-T1-U&JP-1A sounds better to me than Solis on my stock WM1A. Wider and higher soundstage with better
Is it just me or is 3.01 Jupiter with 1A on J region the best sounding firmware ever? To me it is. The synergy and sheer warmth and bass which never muddies the mix is contagious. And the mids and vocals are lifelike in itself with super smooth highs without any piercing. Now tell me if this isn’t the perfect sound? I love the sound it outputs on my 1more triple driver headphones. And the Z5 too. Thanks for the umpteenth time @Whitigir and @Morbideath. Since my country Malaysia is on lockdown too I’ve been doing much more listening. We have more than 1000 cases and 6 deaths so far.
agree with your findings. better match for my stock WM1A and Khan. wider and higher soundstage than Solis. I do miss the bass of Solis. Many thanks to @Whitigir and @Morbideath for your efforts and kindness to share with us.

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #34,811 of 45,723
wih the whole quarantine thing , there is so much time to hear music so these 3 days with J301 have seemed like a week in normal times

i am also one of the pleased users , evetually i will roll to another FW to change flavor but so far J301 delivers just fine on my stock wm1a

oh, and when this whole thing is over (and if i find the money) i will probably send my WM1A for modding , or buy wm1z or both who knows what the future holds

Mar 21, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #34,812 of 45,723
Has someone got a copy of Solis Japan wm1z firmware?

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #34,815 of 45,723
Quick question. It was initially stated that the Walkman had to have FW 3.02 for these modified ones to work.

Is that saying it won’t work if you upgrade while having 3.01?
The 3.02 Planet editions have to have 3.02 installed first as prerequisite

The 3.01 Jupiter is the only one of this Core firmware and was done so that you don’t need a prerequisite installed

Perhaps, we could upgrade the 3.02 Planet Editions into the similar and convenient package too, but you will need to ask @Morbideath for that :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back