SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #34,276 of 45,723
only the pdf file and bat appears for me, dropbox says certain files are unavailable in this folder

There is an exe file as well

A1F2F31D-866F-44EC-8990-B66E04C40C4C.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #34,278 of 45,723
A new firmware is on the horizon?

I just got my fourte black trying J+solstis and U + j3zu.
Solstis sound a little too smooth lol and j3zu to aggressive doing further tests only got 15min so far

Mar 13, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #34,279 of 45,723
Mar 13, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #34,281 of 45,723
1Z with Solis and IER with this album in DSD11.2 is rather special

ADF5D2D5-2FB2-4CEA-9FA3-1FD2F1312260.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #34,283 of 45,723
Allow me to try and marketing my own special cables that I were thinking about selling for
$1499. (Not selling it)

This cables were a products of my endless goals of pursuing sound performances with the Motivations that “everything will effect the sound performances”. There were no corner cutting, even the techniques to solder the joints, the carefully selected plug quality which also play a role in the final end goal of sound performances

1/ The body is infused with Silk fibers for self dampening. This minimizes microphonic sin the cables and also the “ringing effects” of any conductors that is conducting electrical signals

2/ Soft PTFE jacket to allow flexibility and also contribute an additional dampening effects to physical vibrations and microphonics

3/ Purity of Single Crystal Ultra Pure and Oxygen Free Copper. While all quality coppers have to be Oxygen free at the least of 97%. This cables is using OCC casting techniques to not only allowing the oxygen free up to 99.999%, but also allow Mono Crystal structures of the copper. The end results is surpassing the IACS rating and raising the bar for over 101% of conductivity

4/ Solder materials are High quality, and High Fidelity profiles with High Silver content that allow the most fidelity to conduct. It achieves the fidelity that are not easily achieved by the typical meaning of soldering and lead free material

5/ Adopting Litz constructions, or specifically each strand of the multi strands 28 wires are individually insulated with clear Epoxy. This will further guarantees virtually Zero oxygen to penetrate and react to form Oxidized copper, which would result in degradations of conductivity and signal integrity, also degrade sound fidelity

6/ Using Gold plating plugs from the source to the connections of the headphones. It has been known that even plugs quality can carry it own sound signatures. Then over the period of being crazily seeking for even the slightest changes within the systems from building my own amplifiers, Stax systems, countless of other modifications and building devices. It is deemed that HD800S has a typical bright and glares on high spectrum. This sound signature of HD800S and the wires materials has called out for the Synergies with Goldplated plugs to bring out the best Synergies to your HD800S and universally friendly to many systems. Using Pentaconn Goldplated and Furutech authentic plugs

7/ rounded braiding construction were chosen for the best faraday caging effects time self mitigate interferences, which results in a beautiful layering and soundstage improvements over stock cables

This cables will bring a very observable performances that you can hear and witness at the first time auditioning it

Warmth, Dynamic, details, soundstage and layering

D550551C-EF96-48DE-8838-2B2EE54C9CCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #34,284 of 45,723
Allow me to try and marketing my own special cables that I were thinking about selling for
$1499.

This cables were a products of my endless goals of pursuing sound performances with the Motivations that “everything will effect the sound performances”. There were no corner cutting, even the techniques to solder the joints, the carefully selected plug quality which also play a role in the final end goal of sound performances

1/ The body is infused with Silk fibers for self dampening. This minimizes microphonic sin the cables and also the “ringing effects” of any conductors that is conducting electrical signals

2/ Soft PTFE jacket to allow flexibility and also contribute an additional dampening effects to physical vibrations and microphonics

3/ Purity of Single Crystal Ultra Pure and Oxygen Free Copper. While all quality coppers have to be Oxygen free at the least of 97%. This cables is using OCC casting techniques to not only allowing the oxygen free up to 99.999%, but also allow Mono Crystal structures of the copper. The end results is surpassing the IACS rating and raising the bar for over 101% of conductivity

4/ Solder materials are High quality, and High Fidelity profiles with High Silver content that allow the most fidelity to conduct. It achieves the fidelity that are not easily achieved by the typical meaning of soldering and lead free material

5/ Adopting Litz constructions, or specifically each strand of the multi stands 28 wires are individually insulated with clear Epoxy. This will further guarantees virtually Zero oxygen to penetrate and react to form Oxidized copper, which would result in degradations of conductivity and signal integrity, also degrade sound fidelity

6/ Using Gold plating plugs from the source to the connections of the headphones. It has been known that even plugs quality can carry it own sound signatures. Then over the period of being crazily seeking for even the slightest changes within the systems from building my own amplifiers, Stax systems, countless of other modifications and building devices. It is deemed that HD800S has a typical bright and glares on high spectrum. This sound signature of HD800S and the wires materials has called out for the Synergies with Goldplated plugs to bring out the best Synergies to your HD800S and universally friendly to many systems. Using Pentaconn Goldplated and Stock HD800S Sennheiser authentic plugs

7/ rounded braiding construction were chosen for the best faraday caging effects time self mitigate interferences, which results in a beautiful layering and soundstage improvements over stock cables

This cables will bring a very observable performances that you can hear and witness at the first time auditioning it

Warmth, Dynamic, details, soundstage and layerong

I am not selling it...I am just saying that with enough words salad, I can also pull this off

I will be honest with you here

1/ Wires are Norne Audio LiTZ Copper

2/ Braiding is from 4 wires braiding techniques that even any moms with daughter can do

3/ Real authentic Oyaide SS47 solder with my skills applied

4/ Authentic Pentaconn and Furutech plugs

That is it! But the cables has a very real quality. The goals and synergies between wires materials, headphones signatures, plugs were chosen for the above mentioned purposes

Cost: approximately $300 (individual DIY, could be much lower in bulks)
Estimated MSRP based on Real Subjective performances: $1499 or higher in comparison to other high-end cables

Could I run this long term sustainable business ?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #34,285 of 45,723
I am not selling it...I am just saying that with enough words salad, I can also pull this off

I will be honest with you here

1/ Wires are Norne Audio LiTZ Copper

2/ Braiding is from 4 wires braiding techniques that even any moms with daughter can do

3/ Real authentic Oyaide SS47 solder with my skills applied

4/ Authentic Pentaconn and Furutech plugs

That is it! But the cables has a very real quality. The goals and synergies between wires materials, headphones signatures, plugs were chosen for the above mentioned purposes

Trying to solder litz cable is not easy if you don't have experience. I don't even know how you do it without a solder pot to burn thru all the individual enameled wires. Also the solder points on plugs and connectors are tiny so steady hands are a must LOL!

Mar 13, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #34,286 of 45,723
Trying to solder litz cable is not easy if you don't have experience. I don't even know how you do it without a solder pot to burn thru all the individual enameled wires. Also the solder points on plugs and connectors are tiny so steady hands are a must LOL!

:wink: Well, I guess I just have what it takes to enjoy more. The ideas of selling cables for good profits has been trailing me though. But I am not going there

I will just be here and enthusiastically share with everybody what I can find

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #34,287 of 45,723
It has been a long time my “Top references Lady!”

KG T2 with my uniquely build quality, XF2 quads and SR-009

Walkman WM1A as a source out of 4.4mm - Low gain - Max output (firmware and hardware modified)

Interconnect is Litz Cardas 22Awg wires with Pentaconn and Silverplated XLR connectors

F479E526-FD0B-4C36-8D94-BA79CFDC5035.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #34,288 of 45,723
It has been a long time my “Top references Lady!”

KG T2 with my uniquely build quality, XF2 quads and SR-009

Walkman WM1A as a source out of 4.4mm - Low gain - Max output (firmware and hardware modified)

Interconnect is Litz Cardas wires with Pentaconn and Silverplated XLR connectors

F479E526-FD0B-4C36-8D94-BA79CFDC5035.jpeg

The life of a "Mad Audio Scientist" is one to envy and aspire to

Mar 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #34,289 of 45,723
:wink: Well, I guess I just have what it takes to enjoy more. The ideas of selling cables for good profits has been trailing me though. But I am not going there

I will just be here and enthusiastically share with everybody what I can find

If you sold a cable with that sort of quality for a reasonable price, you would do well. It’s when I see the big dogs and the “word salad” they use to sell cables for thousands of dollars makes me rage.

I don’t rage at the company, I rage at how people spend their money on that. Hate seeing people get ripped off

Mar 13, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #34,290 of 45,723
If you sold a cable with that sort of quality for a reasonable price, you would do well. It’s when I see the big dogs and the “word salad” they use to sell cables for thousands of dollars makes me rage.

I don’t rage at the company, I rage at how people spend their money on that. Hate seeing people get ripped off

I agree, and I am the same here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back