SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #31,966 of 45,723
Feb 19, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #31,968 of 45,723
I swapped out my battery Wires with 22Awg Litz wires with Cotton cores for dampening. This is already very big and can hardly fit. Unless you want to risk a damaged battery or a flash to the face and burning down your house.

Anyways, is there benefit to it ? I made sure I listened to my favorite song the whole night last night and morning. Yeah, there are better bass textures, deeper, more vivid and articulations. Widen soundstage, depth and more energetic timbres overall. It isn’t as pronounced as swapping out Caps or internal wires, but every little bits count !!!

Caps>>>internal wires>>batteries wires>solder joints materials

That is how I would rank the level or performances improved between each performances and ratios

Strangely, the battery wires materials being used will have the very same sound signatures to if it was to be used at Internal wires upgrade toward headphones socket !!! No need to wires rolling LOL!!!!

This video prove how challenge the Battery could be!!!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #31,969 of 45,723
I swapped out my battery Wires with 22Awg Litz wires with Cotton cores for dampening. This is already very big and can hardly fit. Unless you want to risk a damaged battery or a flash to the face and burning down your house.

Anyways, is there benefit to it ? I made sure I listened to my favorite song the whole night last night and morning. Yeah, there are better bass textures, deeper, more vivid and articulations. Widen soundstage, depth and more energetic timbres overall. It isn’t as pronounced as swapping out Caps or internal wires, but every little bits count !!!

Caps>>>internal wires>>batteries wires>solder joints materials

That is how I would rank the level or performances improved between each performances and ratios

Strangely, the battery wires materials being used will have the very same sound signatures to if it was to be used at Internal wires upgrade toward headphones socket !!! No need to wires rolling LOL!!!!

This video prove how challenge the Battery could be!!!

"Strangely, the battery wires materials being used will have the very same sound signatures to if it was to be used at Internal wires upgrade toward headphones socket !!! No need to wires rolling LOL!!!!"

Lol, that comes to a full circle.

You've made it Whitigir!

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #31,970 of 45,723
"Strangely, the battery wires materials being used will have the very same sound signatures to if it was to be used at Internal wires upgrade toward headphones socket !!! No need to wires rolling LOL!!!!"

Lol, that comes to a full circle.

You've made it Whitigir!
What can I say ? I always make it....the only question is “Do I want to ?” LOL!

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #31,971 of 45,723
Coincidentally I was about to find out more about Rhodium connectors which Brise Audio use on 2 of their cable series; what benefits do they bring?

Furutech CF-7445 (R) 4.4mm TRRRS Balanced Connector

2C48273A-5065-46DE-96C3-694F99DC025D.jpeg
4EC32328-21CE-4E0D-961C-1CB8BB42ABC1.png

Interestingly Han Sound Audio used to come with the upgrade $40-$60 Rhodium plated copper 4.4mm as an upgrade for their entry $160 “Zen” cable. Now they include their own gold 4.4mm with the ZENTOO (as shown). Both cables are copper 4 core. Interestingly the Rhodium connecter cable is warmer, and the gold “Han Sound Audio” connector a brighter overall cable experience. Both copper 4 core wires are very different, so here is an example of the cable material overpowering what the connectors would do. A quick jaunt on the internet shows groups of audiophiles trying to “purge” their whole speaker rigs of Rhodium power-plugs and interconnects; as this is some paranoid witch-hunt due to the brightness and glare it creates.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #31,973 of 45,723
Are you guys saying that I should of reterminated all my copper cables with furutech rhodium connectors? To fix that treble harshness from copper cables?

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #31,974 of 45,723
Are you guys saying that I should of reterminated all my copper cables with furutech rhodium connectors? To fix that treble harshness from copper cables?
LOL! I am not saying that....I am just saying all my gears are all Furutech Rhodium whenever I can, and also I love Furutech rhodium

to be more specific, I use XLR male/female, 4.4, 3.5, 2.5....power socket, power receptacles...whatever the heck.....is all Furutech when I can afford it

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #31,975 of 45,723
LOL! I am not saying that....I am just saying all my gears are all Furutech Rhodium whenever I can, and also I love Furutech rhodium

to be more specific, I use XLR male/female, 4.4, 3.5, 2.5....power socket, power receptacles...whatever the heck.....is all Furutech when I can afford it
What about Eidolic ?

Feb 19, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #31,979 of 45,723
What about Eidolic ?

Eidolic official website is a good indication of where they stand in terms of quality. Compare to Furutech, Pentaconn, or ViaBlue and you see complete specs and documentation along with full contact info. Just look at Pentaconn's diagram and try to find a similar one on Eidolic:

plug.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back