SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #31,727 of 45,723
of course the power is small, but for iem such as Xelento 16 ohm is a perfect, completely black background and this characteristic addictive sound from Sony
Is funny I had Cyaine N6ii and tonally I much prefer the x1061 + xelento VS N6ii +Xelento and after 6 days I sold N6ii hehe
@Tawek Thanks for the flashback...I remember being really impressed by the X1061.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #31,728 of 45,723
My wm1z arrived. Wow it's beautiful. Will come compare with the wm1a later
I have too many daps. If I prefer this to the others I may sell off some of the others. Love Sony ui so it automatically wins on that front
My "Old "Sony Nwz X-1061 (debuted in Japan in April 2009. Walkman X series is the first Sony flash memory based Walkman that features OLED display, touch screen and S-Master digital amplifier technologies.)
still after 10 years 22 -25h on one charge !!! and this is amazing !!! to this with Xelento it is also excellent sounding and tonally very similar to Wm1z
For me, X1061 is a real work of art and it was a real revolution now it is "only evolution"ATTACH]3567008[/ATTACH]

Is that android based?
Its a Se only right

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #31,729 of 45,723
Is that android based?
Its a Se only right
Is that android based?
Its a Se only right

is Sony software
very similar to that of the Wm1z -a series
starts up
1.5 sec in sleepy mode
it's 0.5 sec, the interface is faster than current flagships
x-1061 or 1060 with low ohm iems is still very attractive in terms of sound and as a portable light years ahead of the current generation it is worth to try it is very cheap 100 $ -150 $
and it has a radio :)

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #31,730 of 45,723
I received my Wm1a yesterday... My Laylas sounds stunning!!!! Maybe the best I've heard them!

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #31,732 of 45,723
how many of you here tried new SP2K ? And still staying with WM1Z/A ?
A buddy has the SP2k. I'm going to try it next week. I have fairly warm IEMs and I think the Wm1a compliments them nicely. I can post impressions later.

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #31,733 of 45,723

I've auditioned the SP2K twice.

My impressions of it's strength: high resolution, clarity, neutral

It's a very very capable player but It did not invoke my emotions unlike the 1Z for the vocal tracks I listen to.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #31,737 of 45,723
I just tried the sp2k with the Legend X listening to a violin concert in 11.2 DSD. Wow. It was a brief listen but impressive. I'll have a longer listen next week.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #31,739 of 45,723
What impressions over your wm1A ?
I didn't have the DSD track on my WM1a to directly compare. I'm meeting my buddy again on Monday and should have more impressions then. In my opinion, the wm1a is all I need. I would rather invest in music and headphones/IEMs. I think once you get to the WM1a your money goes a lot farther with IEMs.

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #31,740 of 45,723
Could you tell me more ? Thank you

Can't really quantify in detail so I am going with my memory of how I felt when I tested both.

I did not have the "wow" feeling when I auditioned the SP2K on 2 occasions in SG last year. On the first occasion, I tested both SP2K and Kann Cube and ended up walking out the shop with the Kann Cube. I was floored by the super wide sound stage when pairing the Kann Cube with the IER-Z1R and how it made every piece sound like being in a live session. However, I was reading really good reviews of the SP2K and made a trip to audition it again several months later; but my impression did not change much. A very good player but nothing really stood out for me. I was using the IER-Z1R on both occasions.

The 228-EX on the other hand made me sit up and listen when I first tried it and it improved alot after 200hrs burned in. Soundstage, imaging, resolution and clarity were its really strong points.

However, like I've mentioned several times in my posts, the 1Z (both stock & modded) has that little extra magic for me when it comes to vocal focused tracks. The 228-EX on the other hand is really good at Jazz, Orchestra and pop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back