SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #31,336 of 45,723
I have brightness set to 1
Me too, brightness set at 1 for both 1A and 1Z. It’s been that way since the first week with them.

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #31,337 of 45,723
Jan 25, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #31,339 of 45,723
Wait, you can store tidal offline in wm1Z ?

No lol
Its on my phone. I also have local tracks on 1z in case my phone get screwed up.

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #31,340 of 45,723
Hi guys
Does anyone know...?

when creating playlists for the 1A ... does the text file mu3 sit in the playlist folder itself or do you place that text file in the main music folder in the 1A (so it’s outside the playlist folder but within the main music folder)

Thanks

Jan 26, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #31,342 of 45,723
Hi guys
Does anyone know...?

when creating playlists for the 1A ... does the text file mu3 sit in the playlist folder itself or do you place that text file in the main music folder in the 1A (so it’s outside the playlist folder but within the main music folder)

Thanks

Save them in the same folder - Music

they can only reference files on the same storage area.
If you happen to be on a Mac: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dapper-music-player-sync/id903223330?mt=12

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #31,343 of 45,723
Hi guys
Does anyone know...?

Thanks
You can place them where ever you want to store them as long as the path to the files are reachable from that directory. To be safe I always use absolute paths for the tracks.

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #31,344 of 45,723
Save them in the same folder - Music

they can only reference files on the same storage area.
If you happen to be on a Mac: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dapper-music-player-sync/id903223330?mt=12

Interesting app - thanks form that

While on topic I have recently "dusted" off my 1Z and would like to load it with my files. I am on a Mac and seem to recall Sony's app. not being updated for Catalina?

What is the best and easiest way to fill up a 1tb card using a Mac?

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #31,345 of 45,723
Interesting app - thanks form that

While on topic I have recently "dusted" off my 1Z and would like to load it with my files. I am on a Mac and seem to recall Sony's app. not being updated for Catalina?

What is the best and easiest way to fill up a 1tb card using a Mac?

I would assume that the Mac also recognices it as a plain usb device like a pc dis so just connect it and copy files to the Music folder on the card

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #31,347 of 45,723
Jan 27, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #31,349 of 45,723
I tried using Dapper but could only get it to recognise some playlists from iTunes... but I couldn’t get them to work on my Flac or DSD files/folders....
The WM1A would recognise the playlists but would show no music in the playlist.

I also tried doing the text editor that was explained on here but again I had no luck..,

All my music files were formatted/ tagged using Picard ...

So I found an app called M3Unity which I tested using its free download and that worked perfectly... so I bought that app for $5 and I just drag my folders into its window... and it transfers all the music into the app... I can then move files about and also create hierarchies for individual titles..,

I then saved the work I had done and it was recognised on my WM1A... so I now have all my playlists appearing in the playlists option on the WM1A...

The only small issue was that the app copies a new folder... so it copies a new lot of my music in that folder, which takes time so I now have the original music folder open... I place all the music files in the trash and I click save on the playlists app... so the app then creates the playlist m3u file and then I get an error message saying it cannot save the music so I close the app and select undo from edit tools and the music is removed from trash back to the original folder which also has the new m3u file... so that saves me replicating my files and also saves me the time it takes to do so...

So now I have my playlists using the same tags etc I was using before...

Thanks for your replies guys ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back