SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #30,842 of 45,723
You must go to settings, -- device settings -- battery care.
Dah....I looked and looked, I need more sleep dammit.

Thanks
As far I know "battery care" option is to prolong your 1A/1Z battery lifespan, i.e. to charge up to 90% only to avoid full charge cycle. I don't think there is 'Battery Save' feature in 1A/1Z.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #30,844 of 45,723
Battery saver or Stamina Mode is only for Android devices. Since the WM1 series is a custom Linux OS which is already stripped to the bare minimum there's not much point to have a battery saver mode.

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #30,845 of 45,723
As far I know "battery care" option is to prolong your 1A/1Z battery lifespan, i.e. to charge up to 90% only to avoid full charge cycle. I don't think there is 'Battery Save' feature in 1A/1Z.

You´re right I supposed he meant Battery Care.

This remaind me one option in the xdp-300r who desactivate all the features like wifi BT and turns off the display just to avoid any distorsion from the different signals.

Do you think the BT, introduces noice to the sound on the 1a?

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #30,846 of 45,723
Yes, I meant Battery Care to limit charging to 90%. But you can "save" battery life by disabling all DSP features. I also found BT receive mode cuts battery life by about 33%.

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #30,850 of 45,723
So I have had my wma1 for a week. Put music both on internal memory and a sd card. Well Tagging tips? What is the bare minimal for tagging. I had to hunt for certain songs? What does the sony wma1 look for. None of pc and mac have this problem.

100 hours, major step up in sound!!!

m usicguy

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #30,852 of 45,723
Plus i can't find gain settings!!!!!!!!

i need this player to handle 16 ohm large headphones. I know I'm wrong for doing this

m usicguy

If your player is an EU version it is volume capped and don’t have high gain unless you use the rockbox tool to change the region and remove the cap though 16 ohm should be easily handled at low gain.

For tags I have album title, track title, track number, genre and artist plus cover art (must be baseline and not progressive)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #30,853 of 45,723
So I have had my wma1 for a week. Put music both on internal memory and a sd card. Well Tagging tips? What is the bare minimal for tagging. I had to hunt for certain songs? What does the sony wma1 look for. None of pc and mac have this problem.

100 hours, major step up in sound!!!

m usicguy
Here are the ID3 Tags I use:

Title
Album
Artist
Album Artist
Genre
Track Number
Disc Number
Year
Composer
Sort Album
Sort Artist
Sort Album Artist

With these tags I also check under playback settings Artist List Display -> Album Artist which I find good for compilations where I use the actual artist for Artist tag and Various for the Album Artist.

Also for an Artist like Jeff Beck I use Beck, Jeff for the sort artist. That way he is listed in Artist view under B instead of J.

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #30,854 of 45,723
Finally got a WM1A, i took the 200$ discount on amazon and bought the last one from World Wide Stereo at 998$. With that discount and lower tax rate, i bought a 9h glass screen protector, a benks case, a 400gb sandisk ultra and the WMC-NWH10 usb cable to connect it to the idsd bl to compare them. Right out of the box i notice a jump in imaging and clarity with the mdr Z1R, i did not expected that, i tought it will be maybe a step better, but to my ears it is noticeable much better. Only played for three hour last night, i first played the demos and did not noticed anything, it could be that i am not familiar with the tracks. Then i put on the Blade Runner OST on DSD and that's when it's hit me, it was like the Z1R finally opened the cage door and set free, the synergy between the two it's the best sound that i hear yet. In one hour it make the idsd bl obsolete to my ears.

The FW version it have it's the 3.01, and from what i read here, it is the best one, so i'll leave it. At first i was worried because on the box said "Made in Malaysia - Fabrique en Malaisie", and on the side of the player just had a "BC" logo. I tought i got the infamous EU version, then i check the OS and it show the high gain option, so i think it's the US Canada version. On DSD64 and DSD128 i had to put it on high gain 115 volume, and on flac just on 90. So far 3 hour, but i think i will really enjoy this burn in experience.

My wallet hates me right now, and i will eating noodles for a year, but my ears, my ears loves me!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #30,855 of 45,723
Here are the ID3 Tags I use:

Title
Album
Artist
Album Artist
Genre
Track Number
Disc Number
Year
Composer
Sort Album
Sort Artist
Sort Album Artist

With these tags I also check under playback settings Artist List Display -> Album Artist which I find good for compilations where I use the actual artist for Artist tag and Various for the Album Artist.

Also for an Artist like Jeff Beck I use Beck, Jeff for the sort artist. That way he is listed in Artist view under B instead of J.
what is the purpise of theSort fields like soet artiat and soet album?
I use
Title
Album
Track
Year
Genre
composer
Album art
Disc number
Disc total
Track total

Status