SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #29,206 of 45,723
No way, you would be better with a completely different totl dap to alternate between like a cayin N8 or LPGT at that level. A few caps, resistors and case are the only difference to effect sound between WM1A and WM1Z.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #29,207 of 45,723
No way, you would be better with a completely different totl dap to alternate between like a cayin N8 or LPGT at that level. A few caps, resistors and case are the only difference to effect sound.

Excellent point. I’m keeping the SE846 for when I’m commuting, while the Z1Rs will be in my office or home during the weekends.

If you don’t mind, post some DAP recommendations that would compliment the Z1Rs and/or SE846s.

Edit: I hear the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch is pretty good.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #29,208 of 45,723
The LPGT is amazing. Its also perfect for home / office and commuting. Its a similar size and weight to the WM1A. I'm probably in the wrong thread though to start recommending other daps over the Sony's as good as they are :ksc75smile:

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #29,210 of 45,723
I appreciate the suggestion. I’m putting it on my short list of 2 DAPs.

There are several people in this thread who have both 1A and 1Z who can comment on the differences and there are many comparisons in this thread. Another new dap that seems to get well talked about is the AK Kann Cube but that’s the same weight as a 1Z and I have not heard it but would like to out of curiosity. Not much can compete with the Sony’s for battery life if that is important

Aug 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #29,211 of 45,723
There are several people in this thread who have both 1A and 1Z who can comment on the differences and there are many comparisons in this thread. Another new dap that seems to get well talked about is the AK Kann Cube but that’s the same weight as a 1Z and I have not heard it but would like to out of curiosity. Not much can compete with the Sony’s for battery life if that is important

The batter life is unmatched from what I’ve read. Plus, I’ve bought into the Sony sound and would like to stick their products, but that doesn’t mean the new SP2000 wouldn’t be a complimentary DAP to the IER-Z1Rs if one already has the 1A/1Z.

I just enjoy hearing other people’s perspectives.

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #29,212 of 45,723
The LPGT is amazing. Its also perfect for home / office and commuting. Its a similar size and weight to the WM1A. I'm probably in the wrong thread though to start recommending other daps over the Sony's as good as they are :ksc75smile:

I have both wm1z and the LPGT. One deciding factor you should consider is the lack of any offline playlist support on LPGT and gapless play is flakey. Love the sound of LPGT, but those things ended up bugging me more than I thought they would. Hence my newish LPGT is up for sale now.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #29,213 of 45,723
The batter life is unmatched from what I’ve read. Plus, I’ve bought into the Sony sound and would like to stick their products, but that doesn’t mean the new SP2000 wouldn’t be a complimentary DAP to the IER-Z1Rs if one already has the 1A/1Z.

I just enjoy hearing other people’s perspectives.
To me, when I get my SP2000 I will complete my Dap collection. I am mostly an iems guy even though I still have my Utopia or HD800. I have both 1A and 1Z, but at certain time/mood, I do like/need the faster, clearer and brighter sound of the AK and henceforth the SP2000. I have half a dozen of totl iems and some of them are on the warm side and some on the bright side, so for the warm iems I like to pair them with the AK otherwise if pair with the 1Z it can become to warm/dark/thick/heavy or drag me down. It is all about customizing sounds to my personal preference. For instance as good as the Z1R is, there are times I prefer to listen to my Trinity to get that estat treble feel or the “twing” sound from my Erlkonig.

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #29,214 of 45,723
To me, when I get my SP2000 I will complete my Dap collection. I am mostly an iems guy even though I still have my Utopia or HD800. I have both 1A and 1Z, but at certain time/mood, I do like/need the faster, clearer and brighter sound of the AK and henceforth the SP2000. I have half a dozen of totl iems and some of them are on the warm side and some on the bright side, so for the warm iems I like to pair them with the AK otherwise if pair with the 1Z it can become to warm/dark/thick/heavy or drag me down. It is all about customizing sounds to my personal preference. For instance as good as the Z1R is, there are times I prefer to listen to my Trinity to get that estat treble feel or the “twing” sound from my Erlkonig.

Agreed. Since the difference in sound between the 1A and 1Z isn't all big, I think a nice A&K would be a good addition. The only thing keeping me from doing it might be the fact they have the 2.5mm balanced connector, which is flimsy as hell. I've already broken one on a replacement cable I purchased for my SE846s. A&K NEEDS to up the balanced output to 4.4mm already because I know I'm not the only one that isn't buying because of it.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #29,215 of 45,723
I have both wm1z and the LPGT. One deciding factor you should consider is the lack of any offline playlist support on LPGT and gapless play is flakey. Love the sound of LPGT, but those things ended up bugging me more than I thought they would. Hence my newish LPGT is up for sale now.

Flac gapless works perfectly, what files are you using?

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #29,216 of 45,723
Gapless play is flawless on my lpgt too. I own both lpgt and n8 and they are both fantastic daps.

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #29,218 of 45,723
Aug 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #29,219 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back