1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. iron2k
  2. ChaseDream
    I just cleaned my Kimber 4.4 mm sony cable connector, and it seems that the issue still remains. While my ALO Litz 4.4 mm cable doesn't have any problem. I think that's probably a common issue with the sony cable?

auronthas likes this.
  3. flyer1
    Never had any issues with my Sony Kimber and 1Z.

4. kubig123
    Did you take a look at the mmcx connectors?

5. Holdmyown83
    I still would again but not top price.

Liono likes this.
  6. ChaseDream
    Yea, I'm pretty sure the mmcx connectors are fine. I think it's probably because that my kimber cable is old, it's been more than 3 years.

7. DonIsGood
    I can only speak from my own experience re Kimber cable...

I bought the Sony Kimber cable (when I was travelling Japan) to go between my 1A and Oppo PM3 but I wasn't getting any LR separation. I ended up getting a 3rd party LQi cable and the LRsseparation came through fine

Reading the recommendation on the Kimber box, it specifically says its only suitable for certain Sony headphones...

8. auronthas
    Happen to me on Sony Kimber Kable 4.4mm, I suspect i have a loose/defective MMCX connector, at particular rotation, it will drop out from Andromeda, luckily is not on the expensive side of Andromeda :D

9. auronthas
    No problem on my ALO Reference 8 4.4 mm too, only Kimber Kable problem.

10. endlesswaves
    Had that problem with my EA Thor II with Furutech 4.4mm. Now the left side is totally dead. Suspect it's the soldering on the jack.

11. Bart147
    Wrong post

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  12. Vitaly2017
    Hi does any one knows if sony plans to release a new high end dap in near future?

Any rumors around?

Nayparm likes this.
  13. Whitigir
    There wont be any higher end than DMP Z1 :)

Nayparm likes this.
  14. nc8000 Contributor
    A Z500 to replace/superceed ZX300 is coming

15. siruspan
    What about the DMP Z2 not to mention DMP Z3 :wink:

akãjerovia likes this.