1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. David Kleinfeld
    It s the san disk and agreed Duvel is better. well i do have more songs to fill up more cards but 1tb already helps a lot on the go.

2. Dtuck90
    Just bought a 400gb sandisk ultra card for £48 in prime day deal

Sp12er3 and Redcarmoose like this.
  3. cukis350
    Amazon is having the San disk 1TB for $341 for Prime Day. Just picked one up.

Redcarmoose likes this.
  4. gerelmx1986
    I did the experiment of converting my lossless library to MP3 lame VBR V0. From 1.16TB down to 452GB. Took 2 Days, 20 hours to convert it all.
    Sin título.png

Sp12er3 likes this.
  5. Stephen George
    wow, just got one also...had some gift cards/credits, got it for $270

the extremely fast lexar 512 is only $50

and for those that miss out on this deal, B&H has a preorder sale at $349

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  6. bflat
    According to customer reviews on the Lexar, it has about 10 GB less than a true 512 GB card like the Samsung models. Not a huge deal, but worth noting. Like PNY and Kingston, the Lexar is really a 500 GB card. I've only seen Samsung ones that format to 476 GB which is true 512 GB unformatted.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  7. Stephen George
    the kingston formats to 499 and the Lexar to 494, but the lexar is WAY faster, a bargain at only $58

8. bflat
    Forgot to mention I am using 1024 base Windows format. You are using 1000 base format so the Samsung would be about 510 GB. Still, the Lexar deal seems to be the best $/GB.

9. Kitechaser
    Any difference in quality, that is long term viability of the drive?

10. raymogi
    Was waiting for deal on the 1TB. Thanks for the heads up! Just bought one myself for the 1Z :D

Sp12er3 likes this.
  11. bflat
    I personally have not had any failures with any of the aforementioned brands. For music storage there is minimal wear and tear on the memory since it is 99% read.

Sp12er3 and Kitechaser like this.
  12. Kitechaser
    Thank you.
    Looks like I will be ordering that card.

13. zeny
    Anyone know if the san disk 1tb will work on the WM1A?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  14. gerelmx1986
    Prime day and 1TB micro sd still not available in Germany

15. nc8000 Contributor
    Not anywhere in Europe as far as I know. On Amazon UK it no longer turns up in search. I have it in my wish list and there it says “No longer in stock and we don’t know if or when it will be back in stock” but it has never been in stock.

Oh blow it. Signed up for prime 30 day trial and ordered it from US. Should have it by the end of the week

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019