1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. David Kleinfeld
    it does on mine.

zeny likes this.
  2. Lookout57
    It also works fine on the WM1Z.

3. auronthas
    Hi, recently I bought DragonFly Red (DFR) to pair with my HD650.

However, I have encounter problem (no sound) when I connect my WM1A to DFR via sony wmc nwh10 (WMPort - USB Male cable). Even though the WM1A screen shown USB Audio, but there's no sound , what could be the problem?

4. bflat
    The Sony OS has no volume control for USB digital output so don't use it with DFR. You are fortunate that it didn't default to 100% volume.

5. auronthas
    My intention was to use it as headphone amp to drive HD 650.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  6. bflat
    Regardless, there is no way to control the DFR volume from the WM1a so it won't work.

7. nc8000 Contributor
    Well looks like you will have to get another source then. I would have imagined that the Sony would do at least as good if not better than the Dragonfly, especially if you go balanced out and you are waisting all the qualities of the Sony by just using it as a digital transport, much cheaper units would do just as good in that role like a Sony A30 or A40 (except they also can’t control the volume) or many other brands

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  8. auronthas
    ok guys, will use it at my S10+ and R6 :D Thanks for your feedback

Sp12er3 likes this.
  9. Caguioa
    any chance of updated version of the Sony NWWM1Z? I know astell is coming out sp2000

only thing is that I like to use Bluetooth sometimes and this sony device doesn't have bt

10. Whitigir
    Wm1Z has Bluetooth both ways as a DAC or as a player

Sp12er3 likes this.
  11. nc8000 Contributor
    1Z has Bluetooth, both as sender and receiver. It does not have wifi for streaming though.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  12. gerelmx1986
    you dont have to whine the same sorrow in two separate thread

KuroKitsu and Leetransform25 like this.
  13. Quadfather
    Is anybody using the Fatbear Sony case? Does it seem to protect it while from scratches?

14. Quadfather
    Silicone or leather? What best protects the DAP?

15. Whitigir
    Best ? Just don’t ever touch it :wink: frame it in the wall and leave it be.

Joking....I used TPU Benk case and it was awesome

Sp12er3, KuroKitsu and Quadfather like this.