SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #27,167 of 45,723
Look at page 172 Z1r thread - Fiio 4,4 male to 2,5. I have a Adapter from Norne Audio 4,4 male to 6,3
Thanks. I’ve had a look on page 172 of that thread but couldn’t see anything. I also searched the forum but found threads about people building their own. However, I did find the Fiio LB-4.4m adapter based on your comments which is the one I need :)

Having said that, the 2.5 terminated Axios is £100 less here in the UK. I’m wondering the benefit of going 4.4 over 2.5.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #27,168 of 45,723
Thanks. I’ve had a look on page 172 of that thread but couldn’t see anything. I also searched the forum but found threads about people building their own. However, I did find the Fiio LB-4.4m adapter based on your comments which is the one I need :)

Having said that, the 2.5 terminated Axios is £100 less here in the UK. I’m wondering the benefit of going 4.4 over 2.5.

The 4.4 is a mechanically much better termination, much stabler with a lot bigger contact surface, provided you have a 4.4 source

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #27,169 of 45,723

Look at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-z1r-listening-impressions-only.853330/page-172

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #27,171 of 45,723

The Fidue adaptor soild by Penon Audio is well made and pretty sturdy. Shipping to the UK was about 8 days and they were pretty creative with the customs declaration, so no fees to pay:

Fidue.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #27,173 of 45,723
WM1Z Arrived today, I did the volume uncap thing (sidebar, do you need to factory re-set after uncapping?) - I think I've done it correctly!

Anyway after that I listened to a few tracks only against my Chord Mojo+AK70 Combo, and immediately it didn't sound very different, but at least it was a match for the Chord Mojo..

Then I threw Soul Wax, "Let's Get Binary" - Wow.. not long after I popped this track on my mind was kind of blown, the sound stage on the Solaris really opens up from being in front of my nose with the Mojo to a broader clearer more resolving sound stage. I know this baby needs significant burn in from your comments, but initial thoughts are that it is kind of awesome..Only 10mins of listening.. so need to do more comparisons tonight.

PS: No hiss on unbalanced!

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #27,174 of 45,723
I have searched for information regarding micro SD card sizes that are compatible/usable in my Sony SONY NW-WM1A and I've seen numerous returns that mention sizes in excess of the 128 GB cards that Sony lists in the accessories portion of the product page. I haven't seen any that mention whether cards of greater capacity will work--but I may have missed or misread search results that addressed this. Mea culpa...

So, my question is: Can the SONY NW-WM1A abide >128 GB cards in its micro SD card slot or not?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #27,175 of 45,723
I have searched for information regarding micro SD card sizes that are compatible/usable in my Sony SONY NW-WM1A and I've seen numerous returns that mention sizes in excess of the 128 GB cards that Sony lists in the accessories portion of the product page. I haven't seen any that mention whether cards of greater capacity will work--but I may have missed or misread search results that addressed this. Mea culpa...

So, my question is: Can the SONY NW-WM1A abide >128 GB cards in its micro SD card slot or not?

Thank you!
Yes, it can. Like many other users i had Samsung 512 GB and it works perfect!

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #27,176 of 45,723
What does the CDM bring to the 1Z, have you compared to the Continental V5 or other amps? Thanks

I have the V5 as well. Tested it first with Utopia.
CDM has more airy sense of feeling. Soundstage is a little wider. Bass is overall more impact than CV5.

1Z to CV5 = ALO 3.5 mm ic for unbalanced. 4.4 mm + DHC occ silver 2.5 mm + 2.5/3.5 adapter.

1Z to CDM = ALO 3.5 mm IC . Decided to stay with 4.4mm + DHC 2.5 mm IC. Better sound overall.

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #27,177 of 45,723

Thank you!

No problem with Samsung 512GB

Feb 11, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #27,180 of 45,723
Upon close inspection of the screen I can see 1 lit pixel at the very top near the border of the unit.. dunno whether to even bother sending it back for such a small thing on a device you aren't supposed to be looking at! Now onto the series business of cases. I think the Miter case looks nice if it wasn't for that odd kickstand thing.. the TPU case is only in stock on Ali-Express. I'll order it but might get the Miter one to prevent my grubby hands dirtying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back