SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #24,452 of 45,723
Got another crash when listening to a FLAC file which was previously causing no issues as well.

Opened a ticket with Sony, let's see where that goes.

Meanwhile I did a factory reset, reinstalled v3.0, and did another factory reset afterwards. Now waiting for my files to be transferred to the internal memory. Will report back!

BTW I just noticed that the crashes happened during the playback of files on the internal memory if that means sth.

My 3 crashes were:

BT streaming from iPad
Flac 16/44 from internal
Flac 16/44 from external

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #24,453 of 45,723
Well my Wakman will have to go for warranty due to bluetooth that can not find any device. I unlocked at the time because mine was the uncapped version. Do you guys think it i should send the WM1A how it came from the factory?

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #24,454 of 45,723
Since I updated mine, I start to hear the sound of the leather from the bass kick. I love it, like how you hear it from the actual performance.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #24,457 of 45,723
Weird seeing so many crashes. Did you guys have 200mb free space? Think it's best to have more free space during the update and then copy back you music files later. Suspect the crashes occurs during errors in rebuilding database.

Further impression after more hours on WM1A with 3.0 FW:
I can understand why Redcarmoose mentioned that WM1A sounds metallic after the update. With my warm gooey JVC FW01 I hear tingling trebles, slightly more air, separations, detail and wider soundstage. Sub bass are more nuanced now. Reported earlier I noticed volume was lower by 2-3 notches and had since lower them back.

I can imagine with a neutral or bright IEM might sound more metallic but I am keeping FW 3.0 even though I won't be using those new functions any time soon. YMMV.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #24,458 of 45,723
Weird seeing so many crashes. Did you guys have 200mb free space? Think it's best to have more free space during the update and then copy back you music files later. Suspect the crashes occurs during errors in rebuilding database.

Further impression after more hours on WM1A with 3.0 FW:
I can understand why Redcarmoose mentioned that WM1A sounds metallic after the update. With my warm gooey JVC FW01 I hear tingling trebles, slightly more air, separations, detail and wider soundstage. Sub bass are more nuanced now. Reported earlier I noticed volume was lower by 2-3 notches and had since lower them back.

I can imagine with a neutral or bright IEM might sound more metallic but I am keeping FW 3.0 even though I won't be using those new functions any time soon. YMMV.
Why will you keep it you like the space?

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #24,461 of 45,723
Why will you keep it you like the space?

Sorry do you mean the free 200mb space? That free space is needed for the update. After the update you can copy back your music files if you did not meet the minimum requirement of 200mb free space before the update.

Or do you keeping FW 3.0 because I like the slightly wider soundstage?

I am not reverting back to FW 2.0 because of the my perceived improvements.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #24,462 of 45,723
Sorry do you mean the free 200mb space? That free space is needed for the update. After the update you can copy back your music files if you did not meet the minimum requirement of 200mb free space before the update.

Or do you keeping FW 3.0 because I like the slightly wider soundstage?

I am not reverting back to FW 2.0 because of the my perceived improvements.
The space in sound friend i left 1GB

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #24,464 of 45,723
I update to 3.0, ill keep you guys posted the firs inicialize takes a lot of time... is it necesary to manually rebuild database after 3.0 upgrade, also have anyone go back to 2.0 without issues?

I went back to 2.0 from 3.0 with the 1A, but still run 3.0 in the 1Z. Not a crash in sight on either player.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #24,465 of 45,723
wish i could here 1.2, can someone repost the vinyl procesor features explained here?, no crash so far 3.0

If you want to hear 1.2 with your 1A just go back in this thread a couple pages. The links for 1.2 were posted by someone who thought they were links to 2.0; and the original poster and myself updated to 1.2. Still I was getting some kind of warning message with my 1A. I went to 2.0 right after and all was/is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back