SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #22,998 of 45,723
i am gonna demo the WM1Z tomorrow , finaly there is a demo in my SONY store

i am very afraid of what i will hear , the upgraditis voices will awaken ????

Aug 21, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #22,999 of 45,723

You only have one life to live, and so much time to listen before your ears degrade into deafness (all by itself due to aging). So....

1/ is this your passionated hobby ?

2/ can you pocket it ?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #23,000 of 45,723

Oh yeah. To me the 1Z is quite the aural, visual, and tactile pleasure!

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #23,001 of 45,723

Have you owned any AK DAPs proedros? If you love the Zeus then I'd assume detail and resolution are two of your priorities which the new AK SE100 reputedly has in spades, and is a fair bit cheaper than the WM1Z. Of course you may prefer Sony DAPs for the extra battery life.

One thing I didn't like about owning the WM1A is the interface and scrolling in particular was noticeably more sluggish even with the latest firmware than my AK380, which is itself slightly more sluggish than my newer AK70MKII, and it too is less snappy than the newest SP1000 and SE100. Not everyone is terribly fussed about player responsiveness but the micro-stuttering is one of those little things that can irk you if you use your player every day.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #23,002 of 45,723
I decided to buy the WM1A this morning from Amazon UK.

I wasn’t planning on buying one any time soon but I’ve got a feeling it’s about to be discontinued in the UK at least. Amazon only have 4 left in stock, Sony’s website list it as unavailable and other store online say it is discontinued.

Hopefully it will be a good upgrade from my PonoPlayer which was my first foray into hi res.

Now I’ve just got to try and justify it to my girlfriend

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #23,004 of 45,723
Why do you say we?

Because the feature does not exist yet so nobody knows what will actually be possible, it’s just guesses and assumptions based on what is possible with ZX300 and other similar devices

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #23,006 of 45,723
Aug 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #23,008 of 45,723
can someone confirm what's the best way to use WM1A as a source into an amp/receiver on a home stereo? is it advisable to put it simply into the direct mode on the EQ setting and that's it?

I'm coming from KANN and that player has specific out ports which bypass the amp and automatically sets volume to max. I was reading on here that WM1A somehow doesn't have an amp in a traditional sense and thus doesn't require a separate out port - is that correct? if so, what volume do i turn the wm1a to before the amp?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back