SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #19,712 of 45,723
There’s actually an automatic setting and yoon can even set it to watch a folder.
Much like MusicBee, constantly monitor a Folder for changes. and you can even set it to transfer specific playlists or "Inbox" for new songs. Long story shorter: MusicBee is customizable as screw

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #19,713 of 45,723
What the heck is going on with my music transfers? I have my music folder on my computer organized into folders and when I look at the Music folder on the DAP, it's all one big list with no directories at all. Is that how it's supposed to be? Just a flat folder?

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #19,714 of 45,723
What the heck is going on with my music transfers? I have my music folder on my computer organized into folders and when I look at the Music folder on the DAP, it's all one big list with no directories at all. Is that how it's supposed to be? Just a flat folder?
Nope, also you can sync folders
15234967257231919986919.jpg
*This is how Sony MediaGo transferred Artist folder structure, however i have my structure as Composer\Album\<Tracks>

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #19,715 of 45,723

That’s how I organise my huge music library into as album artist so it’s easier for me to find what I’m looking for. As I do delete songs I don’t like and rename the album as well. So I prefer to use folders. With tons of compilations as well.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #19,717 of 45,723
Yes it’s supposed to look like that but mine is organised under artist name
Yup media go transferred with Artist Name\Album\Tracks

Now that sony quit giving support to media Go, i have installed music bee and there i customized my transferring scheme

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #19,720 of 45,723
Nope, also you can sync folders
That's what I thought. i'm confused about what happened then. I'm deleting all the files and starting over. I have been having issues with my cover.jpg files not showing for some albums (I think it's an interlacing problem).

Ok. The fresh transfer directly through the finder to the [music] folder worked. I’m still having trouble with the cover art not showing. Next problem to solve. At some point I’ll get to listening to music. Lol

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #19,722 of 45,723
I usually manually transfer without MediaGo I drag & drop transfer is easier.
MusicBee rules:

Captura.JPG
I know some could argue and say put the Composer as the artist, but nope, i dislike this approach, there are tags for these two fields appropiangly

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #19,723 of 45,723
Finally got to hear some difference between DC phase linearizer OFF vs ON, the bass more tight and punchier and more runbly, more warm sound.
15235023178111068328357.jpg

also using DSEE strings, these two settings give a nice more holographic sound too (recording too has this kind of feeling so it expands it beyond "out of head" experience), Philips Mozart edition is better than the new 225 from Deutsche gramophon in terms of SQ and mastering quality (i kept some discs from the DG edition but not that many, only new pieces or alternative performances i often sought)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #19,725 of 45,723
Yes, you will. Balanced out is always 2X the power in comparison. If you put all sound performances aside. Coincidently, better power is also better performances.

If you don’t care about sound performances, grab a cheap cables and have better power, at least
Depends on if it’s a bridge-tied load balanced circuit, where you are effectively getting twice the power or something like an active ground control balanced circuit where it’s closer to 50% more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back