SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #16,143 of 45,723
I would say that bass the same in quantity, but improved in quality. More transparency effects perception of bass. Just my 5 cents from my ears :)

I agree, I like and prefer this tighter mid bass. It clears up a lot more room for many other instruments and extensions. The main reason why the soundstage is larger as there is more air :). But this is what I am hearing from 1Z. I don’t know about 1A lol

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #16,145 of 45,723
Already did.
And have one suspicion - Sony made mistake and the same sound tuning went to WM1A and WM1Z wit FM update.

what do you mean ?

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #16,147 of 45,723
This is a great journey - originally got my WM1A and used for initial period with my JH audio Roxannes with stock cable SE - loved it

Upgraded to a 4.4 balanced moon audio silverdragon cable and what an upgrade 300 hrs in the system was stunning (at least to my ears)

Now we have the 2.0Fw update and wow again - this is awesome - playing familiar tracks the sound stage has increased in depth and love the tonal changes and as others have said have slightly reduced the volume setting

[edited as typo seemed to offend the pedantic]

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #16,149 of 45,723
He meant that 1 firmware for both 1A/Z, and this firmware have new tuning, in the while both 1A and 1Z has different sound signature. How did it affect both players ? Which one was used in the tuning process ? 1Z ? Or 1A ?

Thank you, Whitigir, for doing my job :)
Now I am VERY curius to compare both 1A and 1Z soundwise.
The most logical that for tuning was used 1Z and all goods went to 1A. Of course, that's only my thoughts.

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #16,150 of 45,723
Nov 10, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #16,152 of 45,723
since it's one FW for both 1a and 1z , we need people to specify what changes they are hearing , different daps mean different sound changes

and i still don't understand what our friend Matrix means , english is not his native language and something gets lost in translation

cheers

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #16,153 of 45,723
since it's one FW for both 1a and 1z , we need people to specify what changes they are hearing , different daps mean different sound changes

and i still don't understand what our friend Matrix means , english is not his native language and something gets lost in translation

cheers

He meant that if Sony Used 1Z to tune the new firmware, which he suspected, and if 1A was not the target for tuning, the 1Z became better with this new firmware, so he suspected that all the goods just transferred into 1A as well :D

I am not too sure if this is a positive ways. We don’t know, but I think Sony knows what they are doing, Sony is likely to tune this new firmware on both players, kinda like a compromise here, another improvements there. But both players meets in the middle of the road. So both players have positive changes in just one tuning package. Who knows ?

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #16,155 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back