SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.

1. superuser1
    That was what i suggested. If you could try and see if that help.

2. blazinblazin
    1A user. Can confirm the firmware 2.0 have bigger soundstage and highs.

My new DD IEM really benefits from the space.

IMG_20171108_225138_844.jpg

proedros likes this.
  3. gerelmx1986
    try it later and confirm, i am copying music from backup HDD to primary drive and readding to mediaGo

superuser1 likes this.
  4. hung031086
    What’s that iem ? Look cool.

5. equalspeace
    updated to 2.0 on the WM1A at 113 hrs burn in and the sound is just melting me. soundstage definitely is wider. detail is improved. there seems to be more texture/body to the music. the layering seems more refined, and the treble seems to have been tamed somewhat. sounds more balanced now across the spectrum, more musical even. i reset the eq to all 0s just to test how balanced the sound was after the update and I could actually listen to the music that way with basically no fatugue (this was my main gripe when I owned this DAP previously). also i noticed the phase linearizer settings make a more intense change to the sound now as opposed to when that setting is off. the sound i was getting was great on 1.20. now it's just ridiculous. kudos Sony. you done good

ranfan, proedros and superuser1 like this.
  6. northixora
    Can someone confirm the new japanese firmware 2.0 plays Atrac files?

7. ezekiel77
    Acoustune HS1551 CU

8. blazinblazin
    Yup. Acoustune HS1551 CU.

9. kms108
    It seems to me that many of you are making me very guilty of getting the ZX300, instead of getting the WM1A, that I have made the wrong choice. Should I sell my Zx300 and join the club.:yum:

purk and NaiveSound like this.
  10. nc8000 Contributor
    You should get the one that feature wise makes most sense for your use case and the be happy with it

equalspeace, Kervsky and kms108 like this.
  11. kms108
    All I need for it to do is play music, no streaming, no DAC, no EQ and no BT. just play good quality music. I do have less than a month for my visit to Japan, may be if I have enough cash spare, i'll pick one up.

Kervsky likes this.
  12. Whitigir
    Sounds like you will need Wm1z :D. I know just the exact thing you don’t need in zx300, DAC, and it is wasted :wink:

kms108 likes this.
  13. kms108
    can I have my case back:yum:, may be i'll wait for the anniversary edition one.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  14. Whitigir
    Sure! But Can I pay you instead :D . Let’s not waste the shipping time either

purk and kms108 like this.
  15. sne4me
    If anyone is interested, the Benks case fits like a glove and it includes a tempered glass screen protector.