SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #15,190 of 15,611
I also haven't touched Sony's headphone app. One day ...
Since you own the IER-Z1R, you should really consider to upload your ear photo to Sony to get the customised HRTF profile. Along with the holographic signature of the swissbit card, you would be getting super precise pinpoint localizations of sound objects in the soundstage. It’s definitely worth doing this extra step.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #15,191 of 15,611
I am not sure as well that dsee or any Sony post process gives ' the best' output ..different yes ..but Sony seems to admit that Direct is as valid, as any other DSP added or not in the chain.....included dsee..so...........🙂
What I meant was to be aware that mixing too many DSP can result in strange results. So just beware of what is enabled or disabled. There’s so much interplay at work here. Not saying it is wrong to use other non-Sony DSP but you have been account for that there are a lot of hidden/undocumented sound processing at work within this M2 Walkman like HRTF algorithms, language settings and etc.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #15,193 of 15,611
Battery care is off. If my NW-WM1AM2 is off and I plug it into the charger it automatically turns on. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
That’s how it works for me. It powers on when I plug it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back