SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 12, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #12,228 of 15,986
Aug 13, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #12,232 of 15,986
Would someone please elaborate on the following warning in the NW-WM1A/Z manual. Have people had any issues when their PC goes to sleep & wakes up and/or restarts due to an update?

1691944434525.png

How realistic is it to use the WM1A as a semi-permanent plug-in and forget device on a PC using the USB DAC Mode? Any/all feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #12,233 of 15,986
A few months back I was having issues creating/transferring playlists w/Music Center PC because it will duplicate the files...(sort of). this issue only happens with the Native Sony Music App

I believe I found a "solution" (but only for the SD card) to the problem. FYSA; I only use the SD card for music files, I do not use the internal storage. I'm going to be as brief as I can without going into "microdetails"....

Applications used (Windows) Media Monkey 5 , Note Pad ++ ; both apps are free 99!!
On MM5 go to Tools/Options/Tags & Playlists under Library. Mark the following boxes and leave everything else unmarked
Screenshot (1).png

Right click on the playlist you'd like to export and save it somewhere in your computer. Make sure is M3U format.

Screenshot (2).png

Locate the playlist and right click on it. Select Edit with Notepad ++
You are going to replace the part of the location using Notepad ++. In my case, Find what: C:\Users\iggy0\Music\Music\ to Replace with: "\Music\" . Click on Replace All. Results should be from C:\Users\iggy0\Music\Music\Radio Head\In Rainbows\01 Radiohead - 15 Step.flac to \Music\Radio Head\In Rainbows\01 Radiohead - 15 Step.flac

Now save it and transfer it to the Music folder of your external SD card. It has to be the Music folder for the Sony App to find it.
Open the App and update the library. You should see the Playlist. Check your folders to see if you have any "duplicate" files.

FYSA, at first I was able to transfer the playlist just using MM5 and the M2 connected the PC. However, after opening the playlist with Sony player app, it will "duplicate" the FLAC files on the playlist to the following format: item/song# double digit format "X1" then "space" Artist "space" - "space" song name; i.e. 03 Explosions In The Sky - Magic Hours (Remastered).flac. The original file format was: Album, Song, Artist.flac. I will end up with both files in the same folder, hence the "duplicate" . Once I changed the file name format to Sony's liking, it stopped "duplicating FLAC files. So I rename all files.

Screenshot (4).png

I hope this helps and I apologize in advance if there is a simpler way that I'm not aware of.

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #12,237 of 15,986
Yes, Korea too. I had forgotten.

**********************************************************​

Volume operation in compliance with European and Korean Directives​

• For European customers
  • For Korean customers (models supplied with headphones)
The alarm (beep) and warning [Check the volume level.] are intended to protect your ears. They occur when you initially turn the volume up to a harmful level. You can cancel the alarm and warning by tapping [OK] on the alert dialog.

Note​

• You can turn up the volume after you cancel the alarm and warning.
  • After the initial warning, the alarm and warning will repeat every 20 cumulative hours that the volume is set to a level that is harmful to your ears. When this happens, the volume will turn down automatically.
  • If you turn off the player after you have selected a high volume that may damage your eardrums, the volume level will automatically be lower when you turn on the player the next time.
  • The alarm will not sound when there is an active Bluetooth connection.

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #12,238 of 15,986
The alarm (beep) and warning [Check the volume level.] are intended to protect your ears. They occur when you initially turn the volume up to a harmful level. You can cancel the alarm and warning by tapping [OK] on the alert dialog.

I almost bought a euro market 1AM2 but the thought of that beep and volume alert warning after owning a ZX300 (before Rock boxing it) bought me to my senses.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #12,239 of 15,986
I almost bought a euro market 1AM2 but the thought of that beep and volume alert warning after owning a ZX300 (before Rock boxing it) bought me to my senses.

For what it's worth, I have a Japan market 1AM2 but I never feel the need to go into high gain. Disclaimer - I don't own and don't plan on owning the Susvara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back