SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 22, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #11,207 of 15,604
Wow, tough and literal crowd over here.
So to be frank I somehow hesitate to believe that you have carefully read all 747 pages in this thread
I said read through the 747 pages not that I read evey word of 747 pages carefully and in truth, the first 160 or so were full of speculation and expectation in the time between the start of the thread and first deliveries showing up. I also skipped all the "mine's out for delivery" and "where did you get your case" stuff...
So if you want to get literal, I can play too 😊

Anyway, I don't need to be convinced about burn-in; I've written extensively about it on multiple threads having owned many planars and a large number IMR iems which are notorious for requiring long bun-in of up to 500 hours on many of the latest models. I am a huge proponent of "Your patience in this respect will be rewarded"

But when I say I found the 707 to be anemic that's exactly how I found it and while things can and often do improve as components run-in, anemic ain't a good good start.

Anyway, I'm going to try again. I just responded to a couple of classifieds for low hour 1AM2s, one of which I expect to get my hands and my ears on..... I'll give it a couple hundred hours unless first impressions over the course of the 1st week just confirm that Sony ain't for me. I'm hopeful and optimistic that I will have found my next Audio treasure in the 1AM2.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #11,208 of 15,604
Wow, tough and literal crowd over here.

I said read through the 747 pages not that I read evey word of 747 pages carefully and in truth, the first 160 or so were full of speculation and expectation in the time between the start of the thread and first deliveries showing up. I also skipped all the "mine's out for delivery" and "where did you get your case" stuff...
So if you want to get literal, I can play too 😊

Anyway, I don't need to be convinced about burn-in; I've written extensively about it on multiple threads having owned many planars and a large number IMR iems which are notorious for requiring long bun-in of up to 500 hours on many of the latest models. I am a huge proponent of "Your patience in this respect will be rewarded"

But when I say I found the 707 to be anemic that's exactly how I found it and while things can and often do improve as components run-in, anemic ain't a good good start.

Anyway, I'm going to try again. I just responded to a couple of classifieds for low hour 1AM2s, one of which I expect to get my hands and my ears on..... I'll give it a couple hundred hours unless first impressions over the course of the 1st week just confirm that Sony ain't for me. I'm hopeful and optimistic that I will have found my next Audio treasure in the 1AM2.
Be careful of Scammers on Head Fi classified. Recently lot of them have come and usually respond to WTB ads.

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #11,209 of 15,604
Thanks for the headsup! I have one shipping out today from an established member with good feedback. I'm excited to receive it.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #11,210 of 15,604
Good afternoon, I hope I'll make you understand, I don't speak English.

I just bought this Sony WM1AM2 dap and it sounds great, I also have the WM1A and the A55.

I'm barely burning the dap, but what I notice is that my battery runs out very quickly, I bought it at the sony store in Mexico

I would like you to give me recommendations to get the most out of the dap.

What I like to listen to is pure rock and metal.

How many with the following headphones: Sony WH-1000X4, Meze 99 Classic, Hifiman HE400SE, Koss porta pro, Fiio FH3, **** B2D4.

I look forward to your comments.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #11,211 of 15,604
I have been reading the entire thread for weeks and there are many things that I have learned, I decided to buy it thanks to here, I am grateful for the wisdom they have.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #11,212 of 15,604
Apr 25, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #11,213 of 15,604

I just bought this Sony WM1AM2 dap and it sounds great, I also have the WM1A and the A55.

I'm barely burning the dap, but what I notice is that my battery runs out very quickly, I bought it at the sony store in Mexico

How many with the following headphones: Sony WH-1000X4, Meze 99 Classic, Hifiman HE400SE, Koss porta pro, Fiio FH3, **** B2D4.

Bienvenido al forum

First thing you want to do is follow this guide to optimize your DAP.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wm1am2-and-wm1zm2-android-walkman-optimization-guide.962975/

Second, the more Audio enhancements features you got turned on the quicker your battery will drain, if your streaming it will also drain your battery really fast. The best way to get the most battery is to listen to your own audio files using the Walkman App.

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #11,214 of 15,604

DSD remastering uses a lot of battery. Direct uses a little battery.

Apr 26, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #11,215 of 15,604
I look forward to hearing what you think of the WM1AM2 and how it compares to the 707; I haven't heard the 707. Don't forget that both have excellent DSP features if you need.
Anemic sound isn't a good start though.

Apr 26, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #11,216 of 15,604
The big change is at near 300 hours and so on, at least on my 1zm2 , we dont ear all the same, about measurements you can throw that to the garbage
I have to disagree with this. I've had the the AM2 for a while now definitely over 200 hours and I think the sound is unchanged .

As far as sound quality difference I can't really say. when I can say is that I've gone back and forth with my Hiby R6 and unblinded I think I hear a difference. but if I don't know which one is connected then playing the same track same file format I really can't tell you oh this is definitely the Sony or this is definitely the R6.

at the end of the day sound is a complex phenomenon and there's so many things that can influence what you hear. there's no substitution for listening for yourself. however burn in in my experience doesn't translate to anything to my ears. And more pragmatically depending on where you purchased your items from it can lead to you being out of the return window and stuck with the product that for your ears makes no difference.
20230427_111915.jpg

Never say never. You have to be patient. This is a sweet moment for me after a year of having it.

This Sony DAP is like an aged whisky, it gets better with time.

Apr 27, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #11,217 of 15,604
20230427_111915.jpg

Never say never. You have to be patient. This is a sweet moment for me after a year of having it.

This Sony DAP is like an aged whisky, it gets better with time.
Absolutely, and the fourth beer tastes always better than the first one 😉

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #11,219 of 15,604

Users who are viewing this thread

Back