SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 16, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #11,166 of 15,604
You guys have recommendations for audiophile closed back over ear headphones the capped wm1am2 will drive well? What is the maximum impendance for a good volume, like 30 ohm? Thx
Check out closed back from ETA . Haven’t heard them personally but ppl I trust have only good things to say about them
https://etaheadphones.com/

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #11,168 of 15,604
You guys have recommendations for audiophile closed back over ear headphones the capped wm1am2 will drive well? What is the maximum impendance for a good volume, like 30 ohm? Thx
I personally love the HiFiMan HE-R9 with my WM1AM2(Japanese Uncapped). They are very efficient and i don't doubt they'll work well with a capped DAP too.
Other recommendations: Meze 99 Classic or Meze 109 (based on your budget)

Apr 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #11,169 of 15,604
I'm currently using WM1A. Mostly used it dock to TA-ZH1ES. I'm considering WM1AM2. Can you guys help me with these question for 1AM2:

1. Is there a search function?
2. Is there a remote which allow me to browse artist, albums etc?
3. How's the SQ difference between 1A vs 1AM2?

Apr 17, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #11,171 of 15,604
does anybody know if we can somehow control playback of wm1zm2 over iphone/apple watch?
Spotify and Tidal connect will work but I dont think you can control local walkman music app from Iphone.

Apr 17, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #11,172 of 15,604
Cheers.

Regarding the Sony.

Does it do gapless playback on the native App?
I see folks online saying that it does but that is not my experience with the A55

Any issue with album art on the native player?
Some of my art doesn’t display on my A55.

How fluid or laggy is the performance and software?
Have seen more than a few complaints about the poor performance.

How is the battery life, is it close to advertised (35-40 hours)?

Did you use it with USB Audio Player Pro, if so how does it perform (snappy response, etc)?

Any background hiss with IEMs?
My Sony A55 produces hiss and my Hiby r5 Gen 3 does not.

Regarding the iBasso.

How is the real world battery usage?
The advertised 10 hours playback is pretty poor so if it can barely manage something like 8 hours on a low gain with IEMs and FLAC rips then I’ll go with the Sony.

Does MangoOS actually do gapless?
Any issue with non displaying album art on MangoOS?

Same question regarding USB Audio Player Pro.

Same question on background hiss with IEMs.

Lastly, your preference, pros and cons of the two.

Many thanks
Luke
I have no issues with album art. Battery life has been solid.

Can’t say if it runs a full 40 hours. I use battery management and only charges it to 88% full and never let it go below 20%.

i have not heard any hiss with the IEMs I use with my WM1AM2. My go-to IEMs are a set of 64 Audio V3 CIEMs paired with Effect Audio Eros S cable, and a pair of Beoplay EX wireless IEMs for when I want to move around.

Software is a bit laggy, but I’m thinking it’s more due to Android. I compare it to the Android based tablets I have owned and they have always been laggy. Software lag isn’t a big deal to me as long as the DAP does it supposed to do when it comes to playing music.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #11,174 of 15,604

Users who are viewing this thread

Back