SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 30, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #6,108 of 15,987
Yup. Passcode is to troublesome .. just install whatever require app, and log out of Google play store .. and you r safe not to lock ur player.

Alternatively u can link ur wm1am2 to a Bluetooth device (remote or watch etc), and use the smart unlock function. That way whenever this Bluetooth device is within the Bluetooth range, the player will not prompt u for password.

Aug 30, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #6,109 of 15,987
this question have probably be asked and answered but as a new owner of the WM1A M2, Is there a way so you won't have to enter the passcode every time you bring the screen active?
Yep, don't have a screen lock/passcode.

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #6,110 of 15,987
I have run into connection issues with the M2 when connecting it to a Sony TAZ. There is no digital out to the rear USB-B port when streaming from Apps. Or it could be a TAZ issue? My iPad Pro streams fine to this port tho. Any other TAZ owners tried to stream to the TAZ rear port with the M2? Thanks @Kiats for your help with this. I did put the question to Sony AU but no luck there either.
I've noticed Taz can be lucky with the rear USB port. On occasion I've had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable for my smartphone to register the Taz as a DAC. Never an issue with the side (Walkman) port. Personally I'd just use the side port, I don't hear any difference in quality from the rear port.

Aug 30, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #6,111 of 15,987
I've noticed Taz can be lucky with the rear USB port. On occasion I've had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable for my smartphone to register the Taz as a DAC. Never an issue with the side (Walkman) port. Personally I'd just use the side port, I don't hear any difference in quality from the rear port.
ok thanks @gLer , I will look into the cables I need. I was hoping to use my new AQ carbon usb-b to usb-c for all devices, as I felt a bit weird spending so much on it. I might go the cheap route for the side micro usb. I need to go from micro to usb-a to usb-c?

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #6,112 of 15,987
ok thanks @gLer , I will look into the cables I need. I was hoping to use my new AQ carbon usb-b to usb-c for all devices, as I felt a bit weird spending so much on it. I might go the cheap route for the side micro usb. I need to go from micro to usb-a to usb-c?
Yes, or Micro to USB-C.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #6,114 of 15,987
Ah, its 8% on average, here is the chart

1661861406105.png

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #6,117 of 15,987
The more I listen to my WM1AM2 + Meze Rai Penta, the more I'm questioning the logic of keeping my desktop setup (RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 -> Sennheiser HD800). Sure, the desktop setup will obviously sound better but I'm getting more or less the same listening enjoyment with the DAP + IEM combo and I can easily bring it with me (when I'm out and about). Most probably the RME DAC will stay (simply because it's also hooked to my Adam Audio T5Vs that's on my desk), as well as the HPA-1 (because it's an engineering marvel for the price). Maybe the HD800 will stay as well (because it's pretty difficult to source one nowadays), but in the event I need funds it certainly will go first.

I can't praise enough the WM1AM2. Among the various Sony audio-related stuff I've owned through the years, this is easily the best. :)

I am still waiting for my NW-WM1ZM2 to arrive (I'm in Canada) and am wondering if you have ever tried using your HD800 with the Sony player. I haven't picked a really high end pair of IEMs and was considering use my HD800S or Beyerdynamic T1 with the Sony player.

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #6,120 of 15,987
Based on many of your posts, why not sell it and swap for something else? It doesn't seem right for you.

Personally, no regrets, knew it wouldn't be fast but when its playing through some good IEM's it sounds fabulous. What a DAP is for really, play music better than my smartphone.

PS. I hate volume wheels and only pick DAPs with buttons 🙂
So, everyone is different 😉. No way to swap it right now. There is no perfect DAP ☝🏼
BTW, the sound with my UE RR IEMs is extremely good 👍🏼

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back