SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 15, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #2,476 of 15,987
Don't lose your money :unamused:

Just applied it and it's slightly too large and too short.
I'm always astonished that companies can sell things without doing any QC ...

screen protector.png

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #2,477 of 15,987
Don't lose your money :unamused:

Just applied it and it's slightly too large and a too short.
I'm always astonished that companies can sell things without doing any QC ...

screen protector.png
Ouch! I got one for the OG that fit precisely. Hope you didn't spend too much. Rather buy one from Japan...

Apr 15, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #2,478 of 15,987
Amazon just refunded me and they don't want me even to send the item back ...
12 euros for the 3 screen protectors.
Quality is good, I used them on my A&K but this time they did it completely wrong.

Did someone has ordered one that fits precisely?
I'm looking for a screen protector and not a tempered glass. Thanks

PS Sony used to have screen protectors for the ZX300/ZX500/WM1, seems like they are not going to offer one for the WM1 M2

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #2,479 of 15,987
Amazon just refunded me and they don't want me even to send the item back ...
12 euros for the 3 screen protectors.
Quality is good, I used them on my A&K but this time they did it completely wrong.

Did someone has ordered one that fits precisely?
I'm looking for a screen protector and not a tempered glass. Thanks

PS Sony used to have screen protectors for the ZX300/ZX500/WM1, seems like they are not going to offer one for the WM1 M2
Sure it was for the M2? 😉

Apr 15, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #2,480 of 15,987
Apr 15, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #2,481 of 15,987
For everyone with a keen interest on the volume capping issue: https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwwm1m2/v1/en/contents/TP1000460584.html

This sheet indicates the warning message if you set the sound level above 100, but if that's all it is, it's acceptable because you can ignore it.
The question is more about the high gain option and the power output.

Well, maybe we'll have some good news for the EU models, unless it's an error on the Sony France and all EU countries websites, but they're usually careful with this kind of information.

For NW-ZX507, on the French website we can see that the output power is reduced to 1.1 mW against 50 mW on the US website.
On the other hand for NW-WM1ZM2 and NW-WM1AM2, on the French website we can see that the output power is identical to the US site (60/250 mW), and it is the same on the German and Spanish websites.
I pre-ordered my NM-WM1ZM2 when pre-orders opened, so I'll let you know when I get it.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.19.41.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.19.41.png
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.21.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.21.17.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.23.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-04-15 à 18.23.01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #2,482 of 15,987
A big part of the sound difference between the M1 1Z and 1A was down to the fw but the hw differences also had an effect. How much is hw and how much is fw I don’t know. The hw modding like the Nayparm mods also made a difference
It will be interesting if there is a comparison between a fully modded WM1Z with @MrWalkman custom firmware and a WM1ZM2

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,483 of 15,987
Japanese user review of WM1ZM2
https://www.e-earphone.jp/product_review/1399054/detail/

An Android Walkman who overcame battery problems
I've used it for about 2 days, so I'll write about the feeling of use.

□Battery
・When not in use
When I turned off the automatic shutdown setting, and all the unnecessary settings such as WiFi and Bluetooth were turned off, and when I left it in my winter clothes pocket for a few hours, it decreased by 1% every hour, so even if it was completely left, I would keep it around 4 days. That's right.
*Additional note
When I left it in the middle of the night, it decreased from 100% to 99% and 1% in 5 hours.
At the time of the last measurement, it was after measuring each playback time, so the main unit temperature is rising + maybe apps such as Apple Music and YouTube were still launched.
If it is left for a long time, the main body temperature may be, so it may last for about 20 days.

・When playing (using Wmusic with high gain)
1 Source Direct
→The volume was 30 and it decreased by 3% in an hour. It seems to last about 35 hours for the nominal 40 hours.
There are various sound quality settings such as 2DSEE, equalizer, etc.
→The volume was 25 and it decreased by 4% in an hour.
It was nominal and it was said that consumption would increase by up to 60% when setting the sound quality, so it would be reasonable if it was 3 to 4%.
According to the calculation, it seems to last about 25 hours, but if it is 100% conversion of 1 hour measurement, it will change for 8 hours due to a difference of 1%, so please use it as a reference.
Turn on the sound quality setting at 2 ́ volume 50
→It decreased by 20% in 4 hours.
It's reduced by 5% per hour, so it's going to expire in about 20 hours.
Depending on the earphones you use, I think the volume will be higher, so the decrease may be even faster.
3DSD Remastering ON
→It decreased by 12% in an hour.
It is calculated that the battery will run out in about 8 hours.
I think this product sells a lot of DSD remastering function, but it will probably be the most battery-consuming usage.
It might be better to refrain from using it when going out for a long time.
--Semotion--
Compared to the battery life of the A100 and ZX500, which was severely criticized, it lasts well due to the difference in cloud mud.
If you are hesitant to buy it because you are concerned about the nominal fraud of the battery, I think you can buy it with confidence.
Since the aging counter installed this time only reflects the playback time of Wmusic, the battery test of the subscription has not been done, but the nominal value seems to be almost correct, so it will last nearly 18 hours.

□Sound quality
Earphones → Flipears AXL, UltimateEars UE Live
Headphones to MDR-Z1R (Kimber cable)
---Feeling---
The cleanliness of the sound, the comfort, the feeling of the air that echoes, the depth, the depth of the low frequencies that does not erase other goodness, were all high level.
I felt that the features of each headphones were reflected in all of the above, such as earphones that are good at mid- and high frequencies, earphones that are good at live feeling and live sound, and headphones that are good at air feeling.
It was the best sound even in the source direct, but the equalizer of Sony products is more sensitive than other companies' DAPs, and if you play with the high frequencies, it will be bright like Andromeda, and if you play with the low frequencies, it will sink like a deep bass model, for example, women It feels very good to be able to freely change the sound source to your liking, such as putting out the sound of the drum that is faint behind the vocals and making it look like a club sound.
In addition, DSD remastering consumes a lot of battery, but when it comes to sound, it really sounds as smooth, deep and comfortable as a DSD sound source.
However, there is one caveat, and if you use DSD remastering, the volume will drop by about 10 minutes.
WHEN USING DSD REMASTERING WITH THE IMPEDANCE 65TH MDR-Z1R, I FELT THE VOLUME ABOUT 90 WAS JUST RIGHT, SO HIGH IMPEDANCE HEADPHONES SUCH AS SENNHEISER MAY BE A LITTLE SLIGHTLY SEVERE.
The maximum volume of this machine is 120.
And I listened to videos that I sang on Apple Music and YouTube, but I was impressed.
Until now, we have handled four streaming DAPs in the price range of 50,000 to 250,000 yen, but there was no one that felt the selling of streaming DAPs that "listen to streaming with high sound quality".
Extremely speaking, I was clearly impressed by the feeling of the atmosphere and the sound disappearing even in the song frame on YouTube.

□Operation
・Kakutsuki
→ I don't feel it at all.
As expected, I don't feel smooth compared to Xperia1III, which has a 120Hz refresh rate mode with Sunadora 888 piled up, but I feel the difference without getting caught compared to the Fiio M17 loaded with Sunadora 660. There wasn't.
However, I think that it is easy to get squeaky when the main body gets hot, so if you keep playing YouTube videos while charging, it may become squeaky.
- Physical button
→Unlike other companies' DAP, everything is on the right side, so it can be completed with just one thumb in the pocket and is easy to handle.
Also, because there are grains on the volume + and stop button, the button under the grain when you want to lower it, and the button on the grain when you want to send a song ... Blind operation can also be done without misoperation.
One thing I thought was not good was that the buttons are quite hard. To press it, you can't press it unless you hold the left side without a button.
- Wmusic
→There is nothing that I thought was particularly difficult to use.
You can set the sound quality by swiping down, swiping left to display the playlist, and swipe up to move to the home screen, and you can fly with one swipe to the accessible screen.
Also, Until Now, I've Heard A Story That You Can't Make A Playlist In The Walkman, But You Can Make This Playlist In Wmusic.
- Charging PORT
→It became Type C.
Along with that, the music transfer speed and charging speed have become quite excellent.
In addition, the ZX500 had a tondemo configuration with PORT on the side and you can't plug in the charging cable when you close the notebook type case, but this machine is firmly on the bottom, so you can charge it while it's closed.

□Overall review
I felt that I improved all the points that were severely criticized in the Android Walkman in the past, and then finished it with the best sound.
I think it's necessary to check if you can ring your headphones because it's expensive, but if you can clear it, I can definitely recommend that there's no harm in buying it.
Hoshimi-san (2022/03/28)
It was helpful! 7
Satisfaction
Operability
Screen display (UI)
Otoba
Sound resolution

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #2,484 of 15,987
It will be interesting if there is a comparison between a fully modded WM1Z with @MrWalkman custom firmware and a WM1ZM2
Yes that I would love to read as it seems that a lot of what Sony have done to M2 hw is similar to what the M1 mods do

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #2,486 of 15,987
For everyone with a keen interest on the volume capping issue: https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwwm1m2/v1/en/contents/TP1000460584.html

044B278B-6FA7-47B6-915F-B497BC861E7B.jpeg
I didn’t realise that the cap would be like that. I thought a cap would mean that the volume would only go up so far and then stop. By that I mean, say the uncapped volume range was 1 to 100, then I thought the cap would mean it would now be only 1 to 40, or something similar to that.

That guide seems to suggest that the cap refers to more of a warning than an actual block in the volume level. Have I got that correct?

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #2,487 of 15,987
I didn’t realise that the cap would be like that. I thought a cap would mean that the volume would only go up so far and then stop. By that I mean, say the uncapped volume range was 1 to 100, then I thought the cap would mean it would now be only 1 to 40, or something similar to that.

That guide seems to suggest that the cap refers to more of a warning than an actual block in the volume level. Have I got that correct?

For the cap on non-Android and ZX507/A100 we know for sure that it's still showing 120/120, even though the 120 volume of the capped players is lower than the 120 of non-capped ones.

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #2,490 of 15,987

Users who are viewing this thread

Back