SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #14,401 of 15,987
I had Apple Music running for 4.5hrs yesterday with DSP on and battery fell from 88 to 61. Not bad.
I feel screen eats up the most. With minimal screen activities, it’s ok.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #14,403 of 15,987
Wait to combine streaming with DSP 🤐🤫😬
Lol. I hope to get eight hours 90% - 20% in that situation. I imagine I'd be satisfied based on past use of AA battery devices. Though my last Discman got 10 - 12 hours.

I haven't measured what I'm getting with Direct. Still feels near 30 hours, but probably closer to low twenties :)

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #14,404 of 15,987
@kumar402 I have to try lowering screen brightness and activity with Qobuz streaming ,
and see if its same ..👌
Ya, I have kept Screen brightness to lowest setting and yes, if you keep screen awake the battery goes down way faster.
I too am using XE6 but I keep the high gain off and I’m low volume listener. At max I go is like 35/120 on volume with XE6.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #14,405 of 15,987
Ya, I have kept Screen brightness to lowest setting and yes, if you keep screen awake the battery goes down way faster.
I too am using XE6 but I keep the high gain off and I’m low volume listener. At max I go is like 35/120 on volume with XE6.
I read your previous comment..also switched to original xe6 cable to see clearer

I am using low gain too on fw1.08 and Code23 now, but admit is a toss up as with Code23 high gain carries the xe6 quite better headroom.. which is not so evident with og cable and which is nice to have on xe6...low gain once paired volume levels feels bits more linear from lows to highs though, headroom still great.. too

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #14,406 of 15,987
Also for those who can hear the stereo imaging difference between DSEE Ultimate and Direct Source Mode:

After my real life(touch grass) experience outside the Taylor Swift concert, I am more convinced that the way which DSEE presents vocals is more accurate to real life. Some might prefer the wider stereo imaging of direct source and how the vocals are as one whole part with other music elements but I would think that dsee ultimate’s vocal presentation would be more true to real life sounds as the spatial reflections of the vocals can be more easily distinguished.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #14,408 of 15,987
Anything that goes into an 'extenal' eq is upsampled and/ or converted to PCM ( depending on android software and android player ) , result output is PCM 384 on Shanling m9+ /+SpotEQ31 ( best III party audiophile Eq sound processing app I found so far ) , I dont find bitperfect any better for low res files ( i.e. flac 44.1khz) so..

Sound quality is very high

I have still to understand what happens on 1am2 with an external player/eq
To me there just something not right with how FLAC sounds. There’s a loss of immediacy with bass notes when you compare to PCM playback. Especially if the FLAC compression level is set to highest, there’s something that feels even more blurry/delayed about the bass notes. It’s not a major difference but if you are seeking absolute best purity and clarity, I would say that uncompressed PCM is my prefered playback format for the Walkman.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #14,409 of 15,987
Hey people, I have the opportunity to get one of these units at a decent price.

Would anyone would be able to tell me if it’s really much slower than other totl daps?

What about battery life? And where can I find a guide to debloat (I’ve read something about this)?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #14,411 of 15,987
This is a well presented video on data storage life expectancy. If you plan on using flash based media for long term archival backup, it is recommended to power up the drive for several hours on an annual basis so that the storage controller can perform its data refresh on the leaking cells.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #14,412 of 15,987
Hey people, I have the opportunity to get one of these units at a decent price.

Would anyone would be able to tell me if it’s really much slower than other totl daps?
No
What about battery life?
Depending on use it goes from outstanding to normal ( where normal is in line with most daps that are out there )
And where can I find a guide to debloat (I’ve read something about this)?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wm1am2-and-wm1zm2-android-walkman-optimization-guide.962975/
Thanks in advance!
🍀☘️

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #14,413 of 15,987
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #14,415 of 15,987
I have ordered a Micron SD
I will be able to compare Swissbit and Micron soon

@andrewski in exchange😋you could tell us a brief comparison between 1zm2 and 1am2 on fw1.08

maybe😬
👀

☺️😜
Although I have yet to hear your deep dive impressions of the Swissbit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back