SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #11,056 of 15,987
Absoluely. The IER-Z1R is not very source dependend. So if you find something that sounds good, just be fine. I do the same.

With the IER-M9 (which is my main and goto IEM), the source plays a big role. You instantly hear the difference between an ZX, WM1, DMP-Z1, TA-ZH1ES and other amps.

But the IER-M9 is an professional 5-way, 5-BA IEM while the IER-Z1R is an made for listening 3-way, 2-DD+1-BA In-Ear. So it is to be expected, that the IER-M9 is better at this
Just to be more precise, Z1R has 1 super tweeter, 1 DD and 1 BA.

Mar 28, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #11,058 of 15,987
thanks for the explanation. Since you seem to be a Sony expert do you know why the M2 doesn’t make the clicking mechanical sounds when you plug in the 4.4mm? I remember the WM1A making these sounds when plugging headphones.

Edit: ignore the above. I can hear the click but it’s much quieter than the WM1A
It's the mechanical relay that causes the clicking. As long you hear music, it's working. If it Stopps working, there will be no sound. So there is nothing to worry about when you don't hear it, as long it's doing its job but it got quite in the M2, that's true

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #11,059 of 15,987
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #11,060 of 15,987
Those units are second hand
Yes, secret sales at e-earphone are always for second hand units.

But they are all A-Rank which means "like new" and have been properly tested by the staff including an half year warranty

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #11,061 of 15,987
Yes, secret sales at e-earphone are always for second hand units.

But they are all A-Rank which means "like new" and have been properly tested by the staff including an half year warranty

I see, never really paid attention to the secret sales. But I do recognize the Japanese's second hand market is totally trustworthy - if they say "like new" it's most likely as described or even better.

Great deals there.

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #11,062 of 15,987
Im experiencing some stuttering. Mainly on tidal and spotify, both online and offline.

Local files seems ok.

Is this common? Firmware issue?
Solved it by turning Hi res streaming off.

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #11,063 of 15,987
I see, never really paid attention to the secret sales. But I do recognize the Japanese's second hand market is totally trustworthy - if they say "like new" it's most likely as described or even better.

Great deals there.
I recently bought a used WM1AM2 from Japan for a very reasonable price; although I did end up having to pay import duties, but I see it as a bonus if you don't get stung by them. It was in essentially unused condition, and better than I expected. Until it arrived I was pretty worried, thinking that I would receive a brick or something.

I owned an EU capped version earlier, but it's so good to have the uncapped version now. However, I did feel that it sounded a little flatter than my old, EU version so I've left it playing for around 100 hours so far and it has improved.

I also received an original Sony case which is nice, but I prefer slim cases so I ordered a Dignis case (making sure I wasn't ordering anything from Dignitas by mistake).

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #11,064 of 15,987
Mar 29, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #11,066 of 15,987
I could buy a DAP with those taxes 🤣
Screenshot_20230329-094725.png

and Mouser has one less Swissbit ❤️

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #11,069 of 15,987
I don't think this has been posted here before... Here's a review of the WM1ZM2 with APx500 measurements:

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/sony-nw-wm1zm2/
It was one of the first things that have been posted here^^ there have already been discussions because the Measurements are actually very good to excellent, but because there is gear that measures better, this is considered "horrible". Not by me but some Chord Mojo Fans think so^^

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #11,070 of 15,987
It was one of the first things that have been posted here^^ there have already been discussions because the Measurements are actually very good to excellent, but because there is gear that measures better, this is considered "horrible". Not by me but some Chord Mojo Fans think so^^
Found it now - thanks. I didn't find earlier it with regular search. I had no reason to keep my mojo 2 after getting this, although there are certainly better measuring devices. Some other reviews have commented that this is only for IEMs, but I find it fine with full sized headphones - they don't actually require much power. I'm using Focal Clear OG, LCD-X 2021 & Arya stealth. The 10 band eq is very useful with these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back