SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Feb 14, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #10,202 of 15,688
Hallo everyone here
First day with SONY NW-WM1Z M2 , still in need of 200hrs burn in .

I am already amazed though ( by the sound ) , plugged in to pc as usb dac/amp and surfing the library .
I am using " Direct "
I suppose I need to go through the audio optimization guide ..
Don’t be afraid to use the Sony sound processing. It is tastefully done

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #10,203 of 15,688
Don’t be afraid to use the Sony sound processing. It is tastefully done
You mean eq or else ?

I sarted to play as soon as possible for the multi-advertised 200hrs needed for stabilize the hardware .There s a firmware update though to be done, so this is next and soon.

Ps can I live it on and playing 10 days " continuously " or should it take breaks ?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #10,205 of 15,688
You mean eq or else ?

I sarted to play as soon as possible for the multi-advertised 200hrs needed for stabilize the hardware .There s a firmware update though to be done, so this is next and soon.

Ps can I live it on and playing 10 days " continuously " or should it take breaks ?
I disconnected it from charging while playing it for 7-8 hrs with DSD remastering turned on. I enabled battery saving feature so that it doesn't charge beyond 87%.

So my routine was to let it play until it reaches 20%, then charge it. then let it play until it reaches 20% and so on. Very soon, clocked 200 hours. Even during the burn-in process, the sound was enjoyable. after 200 hours, it is excellent. Also as mentioned by other users, the DSD remastering, DSEE ultimate etc are tastefully done. So when you feel like it, you can listen to it in direct mode. At other times, try the other options. Worth having these variety of options

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #10,207 of 15,688
I disconnected it from charging while playing it for 7-8 hrs with DSD remastering turned on. I enabled battery saving feature so that it doesn't charge beyond 87%.

So my routine was to let it play until it reaches 20%, then charge it. then let it play until it reaches 20% and so on. Very soon, clocked 200 hours. Even during the burn-in process, the sound was enjoyable. after 200 hours, it is excellent. Also as mentioned by other users, the DSD remastering, DSEE ultimate etc are tastefully done. So when you feel like it, you can listen to it in direct mode. At other times, try the other options. Worth having these variety of options

For those who wants to be worry free about burning-in your daps, get Chargie :)

I’ve used this all the time whenever needed. I had done mine charging max to 75 depleting down to 35 then automatically triggering the charging again.

WM1AM2 is wonderful btw. Got mine from Amazon open box for $1,150+. Now I have Sony again on my DAP usage.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #10,208 of 15,688
So it's better I disconnect from usb/dac function ( always charging always 100% ) and do shorter sessions as a dap, then recharge and restart and repeat this loop .
If you turn on the battery safer feature that makes it stop charging shortly before 90%, you can just worry free leave it plugged in for like ever.

It uses an Li-Po Battery instead of an Li-Ion and modern Li-Po Batterys are so good, there is pretty much nothing to worry about anymore. As long the battery safer is neabled, i am pretty sure you could leave that thing on for 10 years and the battery would still go strong.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #10,210 of 15,688
The dap is slow in many operations. I suppose all of you followed the guide to some extents ( or to the lasts ) and removed all futile software and bloatware , without issues (?asking confirmation), then it gained some speed

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #10,211 of 15,688
The dap is slow in many operations. I suppose all of you followed the guide to some extents ( or to the lasts ) and removed all futile software and bloatware , without issues (?asking confirmation), then it gained some speed
Just bought a SONY NW-WM1Z M2 and completed my 200 hour burn in on 4.4mm jack. I did most of the burn in without listening but this morning was playing music and the right channel sound keeps cutting out. I checked the iem cable and that is not the issue. what could be the cause? Do I need to send it back to Sony for repair when it is brand new? Please help, very upset!! I had the same problem when I installed the Mr. Walkman mod on my 1Z, which I then uninstalled.

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #10,213 of 15,688
Just bought a SONY NW-WM1Z M2 and completed my 200 hour burn in on 4.4mm jack. I did most of the burn in without listening but this morning was playing music and the right channel sound keeps cutting out. I checked the iem cable and that is not the issue. what could be the cause? Do I need to send it back to Sony for repair when it is brand new? Please help, very upset!! I had the same problem when I installed the Mr. Walkman mod on my 1Z, which I then uninstalled.
It may be hardware issue and not related to firmware. But I would try out other cable as well before ruling out cable issue. If the issue persists then get it checked

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #10,214 of 15,688

Does it happen with other IEMS/headphones? Also did a reset make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back