SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 26, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #9,812 of 15,987
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #9,815 of 15,987
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #9,816 of 15,987
I've now downloaded a bunch of DSD stuff from rips... when the record companies don't want to sell it to me - their loss. It's not like I am running an underground glftpd ring with warez worth millions of dollars...

Now I am downloading about 1000 songs from Apple - all in 96/24 and above and will rip them to 192/24, which is legal... Possibly convert them to DSD, as there seems to be less work for the player/battery when playing. Quality-wise, I can't tell without doing a proper blind test - too lazy as it just sounds so much better than what I had through my MacBook M1 w/mojo2, etc., I am not sure if it's the Sony sound/better integration/less noise, etc., but it's better for sure. I am using it for 4-6 hours a day now.
Not sure if anyone has any opinion regarding the DSD vs. Flac when playing with regards to the battery? As I said, the quality might not be any better.

I tried to do a full-blown uninstall of android apps, wiping everything listed in the guide, only to realize that my android file transfer also stopped working, so after a factory reset, I stuck to just disabling things. It's more than fast enough if people are wondering unless you plan to use it as a phone,

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #9,818 of 15,987
I tried to do a full-blown uninstall of android apps, wiping everything listed in the guide, only to realize that my android file transfer also stopped working, so after a factory reset, I stuck to just disabling things. It's more than fast enough if people are wondering unless you plan to use it as a phone,
The app that is responsible for android file transfer to mac/pc is com.android.mtp , so do ensure you don’t disable or uninstall by mistake.

If you followed my post to uninstall these apps only, you should still be able to use android file transfer
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...kman-optimization-guide.962975/#post-16953155

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #9,819 of 15,987
The app that is responsible for android file transfer to mac/pc is com.android.mtp , so do ensure you don’t disable or uninstall by mistake.

If you followed my post to uninstall these apps only, you should still be able to use android file transfer
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...kman-optimization-guide.962975/#post-16953155
Yea I went deeper in to the thread and before I knew it play store and file transfer was gone too. I was more focused on getting it done than reading everything lol

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #9,820 of 15,987
https://www.moon-audio.com/sony-nw-wm1zm2-walkman-music-player-review

I would suggest that you should NOT follow this moon audio article to use APKPure and just stick to Google play store and it’s certified app system:
F48FB42F-8546-4D4F-B2B1-3ED50B16CE5C.jpeg

Reasons:
https://www.hidemytraffic.com/what-is-apkpure-and-is-apkpure-safe/

Risks of Using APKPure​

Several risk factors make using APKPure pose a significant danger to its users. While these risks don't mean a definite hack of your device, the threat increases as you download and install more apps from APKPure.

Unrestricted Access to Developers​

Unlike the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, APKPure doesn't vet apps comprehensively. It is in APKPure's interest to get as many apps online as possible. While its basic vetting can catch some simple dangers, complex threats online today can easily bypass these checks.

Outdated Apps​

APKPure does not always field the newest version of official apps. You can also find some outdated apps or even those of varying versions. The result is that nobody knows for sure if they're getting an app that poses a high risk of security compromise.

APKPure is an Unofficial Source​

Since APKPure isn't an official Google source, some primary developers may not list their apps here. There is a risk of third parties uploading hacked versions of authorized apps and masquerading as being the original version.

Poor Security Track Record​

Even the APKPure app itself included Malware. Notably, in 2021, APKPure version 3.17.18 came with an advertisement SDK with a Trojan. Several leading cybersecurity companies documented the incident.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #9,821 of 15,987
I will be getting WM1Z soon however I won’t be able to load any music to it for at least few months and will mostly use it for streaming music. I have limited exposure to Android OS. Will native Qobuz or Tidal stream bit perfect Or will it get upsampled by OS? will app like UAPP work for bit perfect streaming ? Also can I use Sony sound processing with UAPP app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back