SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 14, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #9,406 of 15,986
I'm in the UK and I bought my uncapped WM1AM2 from e-earphone. Large difference in SQ from my ZX1, but am also curious about ZX707 although wouldn't get one now.
Hi

I tried to look on the e-earphone website to buy a AM2, but couldn't figure it out! How much did you have to pay in tax and customer etc? How long did it take for you to get it?

Thanks

Jan 14, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #9,407 of 15,986
Hi All,
I'm a little confused here.. I finally got off my back side, and decided to put a bunch of music on a 32 GB SD card. I put the music in directories associated with the artist, my Sony just ignored the data. So, I formatted the card and put all the music in the root, and figured Sony would sort it out and build the database. Wrong... Just ignored it.
Now I hooked the player up to my laptop and installed the music through Windows Media player, this worked....
What a damn pain in the A$$, is this all part of the digital right BS?
Are there any DAPs that can just read from an SC card????

Jan 14, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #9,408 of 15,986
Hi All,
I'm a little confused here.. I finally got off my back side, and decided to put a bunch of music on a 32 GB SD card. I put the music in directories associated with the artist, my Sony just ignored the data. So, I formatted the card and put all the music in the root, and figured Sony would sort it out and build the database. Wrong... Just ignored it.
Now I hooked the player up to my laptop and installed the music through Windows Media player, this worked....
The files need to be in an directory called MUSIC

That is actually an feature to prevent the DAP to index audio files that are not music (like Audio Books or memos or language learning courses.)

Next time, feel free to read the manual :wink:

Jan 14, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #9,410 of 15,986
Hi All,
You just need to drop it in the /Music folder once you've formatted the card in the DAP.

Jan 14, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #9,411 of 15,986
Hi

I tried to look on the e-earphone website to buy a AM2, but couldn't figure it out! How much did you have to pay in tax and customer etc? How long did it take for you to get it?

Thanks
That depends on the country you live in and what shipping method you use

e-earphone doesn't ship internationally, you have to use an forwarding service. They will tell you how much the shipping will cost

Jan 14, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #9,413 of 15,986
Jan 14, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #9,414 of 15,986
The files need to be in an directory called MUSIC

That is actually an feature to prevent the DAP to index audio files that are not music (like Audio Books or memos or language learning courses.)

Next time, feel free to read the manual :wink:
Lol you had to rub it in, some might get very pissed of and others okay with it.

Is this standard for all DAP’s?

Jan 14, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #9,416 of 15,986
I'm gonna revisit this topic since I also got DDHiFi pure copper cable, their BC130B model which uses a separate OFC shielding to connect to the GND pin of the Pentaconn plug to take advantage of DJ44S MAX adapter.
have you tested the BC130B? i am interested in buying this cable but i am not abe to find any tests online.

Jan 14, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #9,417 of 15,986
have you tested the BC130B? i am interested in buying this cable but i am not abe to find any tests online.
Thanks for bringing this up - I forgot to ask as I might too.

Jan 14, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #9,419 of 15,986

Users who are viewing this thread

Back