SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #8,791 of 15,612
So what settings should I do to optimize the sound quality and listen to streaming.
Also do you own any modern Sony headphone or iems? If you do, please also add the iem/headphone profile on the included Sony Headphone app. It is also recommended to upload your ear photo to Sony to customise a personalised HRTF spatial profile for your ears. This will optimise the spatial listening experience, even for offline music listening on Walkman app and streaming apps as well.

Dec 21, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #8,792 of 15,612
@andrewski

I felt that using the sensors off function does help to increase the dynamic impact and transparency of DSEE Ultimate with the swissbit card. I think you can give that setting a try too. It’s not a significant difference but that slight “bump” of improvement to micro dynamics does make for even more significant realism and better enjoyment to the music.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #8,793 of 15,612
@andrewski

I felt that using the sensors off function does help to increase the dynamic impact and transparency of DSEE Ultimate with the swissbit card. I think you can give that setting a try too. It’s not a significant difference but that slight “bump” of improvement to micro dynamics does make for even more significant realism and better enjoyment to the music.
Thank you. I've only done a basic disable on most things. I'll be doing a deeper cut this holiday using your guide, and will switch sensors off :)

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #8,794 of 15,612
Thank you. I've only done a basic disable on most things. I'll be doing a deeper cut this holiday using your guide, and will switch sensors off :)
Take my word on this:
Once you eliminate all these unwanted/unnecessary sources of electrical noises, power consumption & errors, you will really be able to hear much more of the authentic musical expressions that is “locked” in the music file. In my opinion, this is both the strength and disadvantage of the highly accurate S-Master HX amplifier, it is very vulnerable to internal electrical noise and will reveal these noises and distortion much more easily but if you are able to provide this class d amp with extremely clean noise free power and error free accurate signal, the amplified sound will be true to the source. Again it’s garbage in garbage out theory at work here, Feed it garbage and it will give you amplified garbage.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #8,795 of 15,612
Take my word on this:
Once you eliminate all these unwanted/unnecessary sources of electrical noises, power consumption & errors, you will really be able to hear much more of the authentic musical expressions that is “locked” in the music file. In my opinion, this is both the strength and disadvantage of the highly accurate S-Master HX amplifier, it is very venerable to internal electrical noise and will reveal these noises and distortion much more easily but if you are able to provide this class d amp with extremely clean noise and error free accurate signal, the amplified sound will be true to the source. Again it’s garbage in garbage out theory at work here, Feed it garbage and it will give you amplified garbage.
Perhaps but I don't personally obsess about it. I do turn off the Wifi but that's about it as I'm 100% playing FLAC from the internal memory or SD card.

Dec 21, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #8,796 of 15,612
Perhaps but I don't personally obsess about it. I do turn off the Wifi but that's about it as I'm 100% playing FLAC from the internal memory or SD card.
Unfortunately for me, I can hear and notice these digital gremlins produced by microSD cards and other processing related system noise. These nasty gremlins ruins the smoothness and pitch purity of the music I listen to, which I find is very important for me to form a much deeper psychological, enjoyment and emotional connection to the music I listen to. By removing these “unwanted distractions”, music becomes more easy and simpler to “connect”.

Dec 22, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #8,797 of 15,612
Everyday everywhere everytime :)

Attachments

• CB5C6E9F-7DAD-4693-AD95-00F99BD347CB.jpeg
    CB5C6E9F-7DAD-4693-AD95-00F99BD347CB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 22, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #8,799 of 15,612
About the battery, spend $3K for a thing that possibly die in 3 years is really expensive. Clearly an expensive short life toy.
Get a 5 year Sony warranty and you won't have to worry about that... :wink:

p.s, they'll still replace it even out of warranty.

Dec 22, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #8,801 of 15,612
About the battery, spend $3K for a thing that possibly die in 3 years is really expensive. Clearly an expensive short life toy.
Sony DAPs have the longest life among chi-fi DAPs in the market

Dec 23, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #8,802 of 15,612
My 5 year old ZX300 has a 10-11hr battery life.

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #8,805 of 15,612
You're implying a member is a pig because he has concerns about battery life !

Think you need to take that Sony Halo off your head. Its a genuine concern but in reality should expect at least a good 5 years decent life out the battery.

walkman-head-29679457.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back