SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Feb 17, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #526 of 15,797
I fully agree with your comment but my comment was made from Sony's POV. To them, they are trying to streamline the product stack and cut costs.

If the lads/gals here have yet to notice, the WM1AM2 is now no longer considered part of the Signature Series unlike the WM1A, WM1Z and WM1ZM2. In Sony's eyes, they want to make the Z the exclusive ticket to their Signature Series.

While its all marketing speak, it speaks highly of Sony's views of Android on Walkman and its current's leaders views on this line of products in general

Same as before. Only the "Z" ones are part of the Signature range even though this time the differences between the 1A to 1Z are small

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/audio-signature-series (looks like just 5 devices)

EDIT

Your right, original 1A marketing shows signature too! Who cares!

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1a

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #527 of 15,797
Feb 17, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #528 of 15,797
I think the case it's only available for Japan.
I couldn't buy case for ZX507 via Amazon Japan either. Strange limitation.

Shipping to EU area (even though we aren't) so they probably class it as beef (real leather) and need 76 forms and a vets certificate :cow2: plus a punishment delay for leaving. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #529 of 15,797
I love how now we patiently wait for every half decade for a bunch of Japanese old men to entice us to part with our life savings to buy something they engineered but plated in gold.
🤣🤣🤣

Feb 17, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #530 of 15,797
It would be nice if Sony kept making Gen 1.

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #531 of 15,797
It would be nice if Sony kept making Gen 1.
Nah, if Sony continued to make Gen 1, it would be harder to convince us to buy Gen 2 XD

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #532 of 15,797
Nah, if Sony continued to make Gen 1, it would be harder to convince us to buy Gen 2 XD
Yeah, I know. I am just really attached to the Gen 1 players.

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #533 of 15,797
Then keep it and change battery as needed, should work for ages. Personally I had no interest in original as I wanted built-in streaming support, but am interested now.

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #534 of 15,797
So am I brother. Cheers to offline listening and gold plated things!! :)

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #535 of 15,797
Then keep it and change battery as needed, should work for ages. Personally I had no interest in original as I wanted built-in streaming support, but am interested now.

So am I brother. Cheers to offline listening and gold plated things!! :)
I don't stream. If service goes down, then you're screwed.

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #536 of 15,797
Then congrats to you then, Sony finally made a product that fit your bill. Apologies if you had posted earlier but I assume you have preordered? If not, what is holding you back?

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #537 of 15,797
Considering that it runs android, we are certain that it supports English, Japanese and other major languages.

For years with android

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #538 of 15,797
For years with android

With android smartphones and tablets, there is for years no Japanese in European smartphones and tablets ... and no French or many other European languages in Japanese devices.
Only Apple and IOS have almost all languages.. never android devices (it's always very limited) !!!

I imagine it should be same with many android DAP, though for FIIO M17, we can get a few European languages (including French) and some eastern countries languages (Japanese)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #539 of 15,797
With android smartphones and tablets, there is for years no Japanese in European smartphones and tablets ... and no French or many other European languages in Japanese devices.
Only Apple and IOS have almost all languages.. never android devices (it's always very limited) !!!

I imagine it should be same with many android DAP, though for FIIO M17, we can get a few European languages (including French) and some eastern countries languages (Japanese)
If you love Sony as much as the rest of us here do, perhaps you could go and learn Japanese. Then you can understand your walkman and its gold-plated copper block on a deeper level. :smirk::smirk:

Jokes aside, I was not aware that this was an issue faced by European users. Would it make sense to import like a Singaporean unit perhaps? I know our one here is the E region which is basically everywhere else that isnt EU, US, China or Japan. Closer to home, I know the Russian market uses the E region one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back