SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 17, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #4,321 of 15,525
It also has significantly better battery life as well. Better call quality as well.
oh man how can i forgot... the call quality improved significantly. this is what youtube reviewers highlight regularly, as well.

May 17, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #4,324 of 15,525
An update after Sony took over 1 month to repair my DOA 1ZM2, they said the motherboard needs to be changed. I’m surprised that the motherboard is actually DOA the moment it comes out of its factory. They promised to reset the warrant for me from the date I collect the unit. But this, again, left a very bad impression on buying their TOTL product.
Wow. Suppose they are delivering a pocket PC now rather than a single-use music player.

Still, pretty surprising on an initial run of say 10,000.

I'm still waiting for the headfier who posted here that the WM1Z sold over 20,000 units to let me know where he got his useful stats from....

May 17, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #4,325 of 15,525
Wow. Suppose they are delivering a pocket PC now rather than a single-use music player.

Still, pretty surprising on an initial run of say 10,000.

I'm still waiting for the headfier who posted here that the WM1Z sold over 20,000 units to let me know where he got his useful stats from....
Guess he must have some insider info not released to public. I tried to Google but can’t seem to find anything.

May 17, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #4,328 of 15,525
Is there a dedicated line out on the m2 in case I wanted to add a c9 amp or something like that?
unfortunately there isn't. But you can use the preamp function on the C9 from the headphone out.

May 18, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #4,331 of 15,525
Sub-bass is just overwhelming awesome on the WM1AM2

The WM1AM2 is the first equipment that causes my external ears to noticeably feel sub-bass vibration seeping from the outer magnesium shell of my 5BA IER-M9. This is more evident if you use DC phase linearizer type A Low.

On recordings with great spatial information, the Walkman completely envelopes you with a super expansive 3D soundstage that presents every speckle of information in the recording to you. There’s sound coming from the top, back, front and sides and flowing all over. Its a continuous stream of sound that sounds organic and extremely enjoyable as it is very dynamic sounding and at the same time completely fatigue free.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #4,332 of 15,525
Sub-bass is just overwhelming awesome on the WM1AM2

The WM1AM2 is the first equipment that causes my external ears to noticeably feel sub-bass vibration seeping from the outer magnesium shell of my 5BA IER-M9. This is more evident if you use DC phase linearizer type A Low.

On recordings with great spatial information, the Walkman completely envelopes you with a super expansive 3D soundstage that presents every speckle of information in the recording to you. There’s sound coming from the top, back, front and sides and flowing all over. Its a continuous stream of sound that sounds organic and extremely enjoyable as it is very dynamic sounding and at the same time completely fatigue free.
I already sold my WM1Z to prepare for the M2. Just waiting to be able to enter Japan in June (hopefully)

May 18, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #4,333 of 15,525
I already sold my WM1Z to prepare for the M2. Just waiting to be able to enter Japan in June (hopefully)
i am from germany too, you might buy me a japanese version, too and put it in your luggage :p

May 18, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #4,334 of 15,525
i am from germany too, you might buy me a japanese version, too and put it in your luggage :p
Getting one through customs (especially when its not in the box, setup and used with headphones while i walk through customs) is possible. But explaining them why i don't need to pay taxes for a brand new/sealed one is getting complicated i guess^^

Maybe its time to dust off your Reisepass :wink:

May 18, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #4,335 of 15,525
Getting one through customs (especially when its not in the box, setup and used with headphones while i walk through customs) is possible. But explaining them why i don't need to pay taxes for a brand new/sealed one is getting complicated i guess^^
it is just an ipod / mp3 player - nothing else.

Maybe its time to dust off your Reisepass :wink:
i always wanted to visit japan, truly :) - "always", "every 6 years", "just after a sony release" :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back