Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?
Apr 5, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Latexxx
Look at the size of it. As compared to those phones the unit itself is really tiny.

yea. it looks tiny. i'm hoping the 5 in hd5 is not referring to 5gb. but looking at the size, it might be a micro-hdd player?

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #20 of 203
I prefer this design over the original, if it's the final product.

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #22 of 203
Mmmmmmm, the date ion amazon for these is April 1st, they look photoshop jobs to me. I think a new one is coming but these look very un sony, the picture on engadget of the hand looks suspicious also, i am sure ive seen that hand somewhere else.

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 203
looks like a fake to me too. i believed sony are into 'Groups', and not 'Playlist' as shown on the screen. that UI does not look typical sony, more like some korean or creative style UI.
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #24 of 203
Hmm... looks like the display screen can be rotated 90 degree. So that's good since I prefer and find it easier to use by holding the player horizontally (like HD1/3) instead of the usual vertical design...

Apr 5, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #26 of 203
Quick story here http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1080. Looks like the display does rotate 90 degrees, depending on how you hold it. What I would love to see is updates to the HD1/HD3 series as well... I see "Playlist" in the screenshot. If that is a true playlist type feature, it needs to be added to all previous HDx models - and maybe even the flash players too. We'll see what info comes up this week.

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #28 of 203
Very nice. My HD1 quivers! The styling is iPodesque. I like the look of the HD1/3. It would be nice to have the organic screens from 2nd gen HiMD player/recorders.

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 203
I wish it didnt have the rounded corners that looked EXACTLY like the ipod...
rolleyes.gif
other than that i dont mind it too much astetically.

EDIT: i was looking around for more pictures and the look has grown on my surprisingly fast. I especially like the black with white text and black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back