Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?
Apr 14, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #137 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by johann1979
I was wondering if anybody could shed a little bit of light. Well, I've done the 3D view of the NW-HD player on Sony's website and it seems to have the usual Sony remote control jack at the top, but there is no mention of one! Quite irretating because the player fits every requirement I have apart from well, seeming to lack the remote...
blink.gif

I would recommend the RM-MC40ELK remote. It has 3-line display and you can control every function on NW-HD1/3! There's no need to take out the player from it's protective pouch anymore, unless when I want to show off my pink HD3!
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #138 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by johsu
I would recommend the RM-MC40ELK remote. It has 3-line display and you can control every function on NW-HD1/3! There's no need to take out the player from it's protective pouch anymore, unless when I want to show off my pink HD3!
biggrin.gif

that remote costs £40-£50 off ebay, about 2-3 times more than some of the newer "rounded stick" remotes. in terms of what it does and the size, imo, it's kind of overkill.

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #139 of 203
Apr 21, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #140 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx280ps
anyone knows if it will work with SS 3.0?

I dunno but SS 3.1 is available at Sony Japan's Overseas support site.

Apr 22, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #142 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by giocas
if the Ebayer is true...HD5 cost less than HD3 (Italian prices) !
goooooooooddddd!
lambda.gif

Sony themself have said HD5 will be cheaper than HD3 (I think). Don't shoot me if I got it wrong
biggrin.gif
I heard quote from Sony of £200 UK price. grumble grumble. 3 months after my HD3. Oh well I like design better but still the lower price
plainface.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #143 of 203
i think all sony mp3 owners should perform harakiri to show our displeasure with the sonicstage software. maybe they'll take notice and improved it... i personnally have no problems with it but many do

Apr 23, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #144 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelican
i think all sony mp3 owners should perform harakiri to show our displeasure with the sonicstage software. maybe they'll take notice and improved it... i personnally have no problems with it but many do

I must be masochist because if SS 3 it's bad, Philips DMM 2.2 (3.0 doesn't work with HDD120) it's worse!!!

Apr 23, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #145 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosta
I must be masochist because if SS 3 it's bad, Philips DMM 2.2 (3.0 doesn't work with HDD120) it's worse!!!

i agree with that, i've got a HD3 which is in for repair because i did a very stupid thing and broke it. i've got a philips HDD120 as a loan unit and the software is terrible and sooooooooooooooooooooo slow to transfer tracks, can' wait to get my sony back cos i love it and i've never had any problems with SS 2.3.

Mic.

Apr 23, 2005 at 11:08 AM Post #146 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mica-AB
i agree with that, i've got a HD3 which is in for repair because i did a very stupid thing and broke it. i've got a philips HDD120 as a loan unit and the software is terrible and sooooooooooooooooooooo slow to transfer tracks, can' wait to get my sony back cos i love it and i've never had any problems with SS 2.3.

Did you find sound differences between them?
Which of them do you prefer?
Just in terms of sound I find the Philips more neutral than Sony (like always). (IMO) The later has more bass and treble and sound more airy but the philips has mids.

Apr 23, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #147 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosta
Did you find sound differences between them?
Which of them do you prefer?
Just in terms of sound I find the Philips more neutral than Sony (like always). (IMO) The later has more bass and treble and sound more airy but the philips has mids.

only had it for a few days so still getting used to it and i don't mind the sound of the philips but yeah i did find a difference - you've pretty much summed it up for me too.

a decent SQ from the philips but slightly more neutral than the sony, but pretty even in terms of clarity. a lot of my music is dance-orientated so i prefer a slightly enhanced top and bottom end on that.

might get flamed for this but i prefer the navigation and build quality on the sony too. but IMHO the philips seems like a fairly decent unit.

Apr 23, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #148 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mica-AB
might get flamed for this but i prefer the navigation and build quality on the sony too. but IMHO the philips seems like a fairly decent unit.

I prefer the navigation of the sony too. And the look!! But i have the philips since a year ago and i developed a 'friendship' with him'.
(We are going a little off-topic) To keep in focus: I would like that sony includes a lossless decoder into HD5.

Apr 23, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #150 of 203
Does anyone know if itll work with the English SS 3.0??

i really wanna get one on ebay... but dun wanna get an expensive paperweight if it end up not working!!

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back