Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
May 4, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #826 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel
I beg your pardon, mavis, but I have to agree with DigDub. I am under the impression that a big chunk of the aforementioned review is written without having much experience with the device. Especially the "now playing" feature can not be any more intuitive. You press and hold the Mode button. This is common practice; the "easy to use" iPod has employed the same method for powering down.

I, too, am of the opinion that the review should be revised as it is largely inaccurate.

You think that holding down the "mode" button to get to the Now Playing screen is intuitive? Seriously? That's about un-intuitive as you can get. Same with holding down the Play button to power off the iPod. It's not intuitive at all.

May 4, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #827 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
You think that holding down the "mode" button to get to the Now Playing screen is intuitive? Seriously? That's about un-intuitive as you can get. Same with holding down the Play button to power off the iPod. It's not intuitive at all.

Yes, I believe it is much more intuitive than either having an extra button or going through a menu option for such a simple task.

I am glad you have decided to correct the review, especially since the said feature is in the manual (ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/...WHD3_OI_EN.PDF page 22).

May 4, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #829 of 860
Quote:

Yes, I believe it is much more intuitive than either having an extra button or going through a menu option for such a simple task.

I am glad you have decided to correct the review, especially since the said feature is in the manual (ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/...WHD3_OI_EN.PDF page 22).

Pity that manual wasn't available when the product launched, huh?

May 4, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #830 of 860
Quote:

OK, how about a list of all the things I should change? I'll go ahead and edit the review, adding the correct info.

So far there's the mode button thing. What else?

At least scrap existing SS section and write a new one bearing in mind latest ver is SS 3.1. Then explain how to correct problem of Jap windows/ eng SS or vice versa. OK, editing registry is pain. About your review where HD3 doesn't remember where you are in libary, it just starts at top. With mine, even when I switch it off then on, it is on the last album/group I played. Or I may have misunderstood your review....

May 4, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #831 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
At least scrap existing SS section and write a new one bearing in mind latest ver is SS 3.1. Then explain how to correct problem of Jap windows/ eng SS or vice versa. OK, editing registry is pain. About your review where HD3 doesn't remember where you are in libary, it just starts at top. With mine, even when I switch it off then on, it is on the last album/group I played. Or I may have misunderstood your review....

LFC, I disagree regarding SS. The device came (comes?) with v2.3 and that should be the one to judge (v3.1 is just as bad anyway), however, it should be installed as per requirements and not a "I'll try this to see if it works" approach and then described as negative. I agree with the starting position after powering off; my HD3 also starts from where it was stopped. Also, this is only a personal opinion but I would have mentioned the progress bar at the section with regards to the lack of a "Time Remaining" function.

Mavis, I strongly suggest that you keep your personal experiences (good or bad) and only modify the inaccuracies about the device.

May 4, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #832 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerprinted
3 min 56 sec
ATRAC3plus 256 = 7,24mb
mp3 192 VBR LAME = 5,33mb

thanks friend
lambda.gif

May 5, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #833 of 860
Quote:

LFC, I disagree regarding SS. The device came (comes?) with v2.3 and that should be the one to judge (v3.1 is just as bad anyway), however, it should be installed as per requirements and not a "I'll try this to see if it works" approach and then described as negative. I agree with the starting position after powering off; my HD3 also starts from where it was stopped. Also, this is only a personal opinion but I would have mentioned the progress bar at the section with regards to the lack of a "Time Remaining" function.

Mavis, I strongly suggest that you keep your personal experiences (good or bad) and only modify the inaccuracies about the device.

Well, I've edited my review. What do you think?

May 5, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #834 of 860
Quote:

Ok, good point. Can still point out update though. Like updating your internet browser for example

May 5, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #835 of 860
Quote:

cool.gif
Ok, HD3 not perfect. Now lets hope Sony do a better job with HD5.....or I will get an Ipod - that is if /when they release full sized one with improved battery life like mini, due to improved innards

May 6, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #836 of 860
Quote:

It's not so much what I think; I have already developed my thoughts about the HD3 (albeit different to yours). It's about how accurate the review is and I believe your edits are fair. Good job.

May 6, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #837 of 860
Quote:

OK, but a couple of other points you've missed:

In point 2 under the Interface section, you need to state that it IS possible to get back to the previous point just by pressing the Up or Down button. Now, that is intuitive.

Also, the hiss may well be present on all HD3s, however, I have never heard it with either the stock headphones or the MDR-ED21LP 'phones. If it's the case that only sensitive third-party headphones expose the problem, then that should be made clear.

May 6, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #839 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerprinted
How do you use HD3 in car, people?

easiest option would be to use a mini jack to cassette thing.

or if your head unit has a line in, use that.

if you have an amp, connect it to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back