Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
May 1, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #811 of 860
Hello i have ordered a HD3 from www.amazon.co.uk (The red version)
smily_headphones1.gif

I have downloaded Sonic Stage ....

Just wondering ... is it the HIGHER the bitrate the better the sound of the other way round ?! Coz i can't remember lol :S

I am going to convert ALL of my albums on ATRAC3plus at 256kps is this good or what ?! lol

Please reply thanx

May 1, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #812 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belloni
Just wondering ... is it the HIGHER the bitrate the better the sound of the other way round ?! Coz i can't remember lol :S

I am going to convert ALL of my albums on ATRAC3plus at 256kps is this good or what ?! lol

Please reply thanx

Higher is better. ATRAC3 @ 256Kbps would be good, although I'd be concerned about encoding in a format that most players don't support. IMHO, you'd be better off using EAC+LAME -aps or -ape to encode to high quality MP3. At least that way you won't have to re-encode your music should you ever buy another (non-Sony) MP3 player in the future.

May 1, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #813 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Higher is better. ATRAC3 @ 256Kbps would be good, although I'd be concerned about encoding in a format that most players don't support. IMHO, you'd be better off using EAC+LAME -aps or -ape to encode to high quality MP3. At least that way you won't have to re-encode your music should you ever buy another (non-Sony) MP3 player in the future.

I don't get none of this encoding buisness lol so i will stick with ATRAC 3 plus i guess lol

My card is being declined on amazon.co.uk so and i have found a cheaper site i am just wondering wether they are trust worthy ... but they don't have it in red but i am wiling to save 20pounds or whatver to get it cheaper ... the silver colour ....

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/8486...nw-hd3-s.html# please have a look
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #815 of 860
Doing it as we speak lol
smily_headphones1.gif

I have spent over 120pounds on itunes buying albums and i have lost it all ... i need to call them and get them to give me them back coz it's on my purchase history then i will put them on c.ds then convert them to ATRAC3plus
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

Can you check this out ... has anyone used this site ?!?! Is it trustworthy coz that's a good price ... hope they accept my card lol but i wanted one in RED
frown.gif

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/8486...-nw-hd3-s.html

May 2, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #818 of 860
As for me, I convert music using EAC+Lame all preset standard + VBR 192. This way I get 74 min album ~ 100-110mb, while using ATRAC 256 I get 74 min album ~ 140-150mb (I had Hi-MD player, It was 6 albums for 1Gb Hi-MD in ATRAC 256). Sound's different, not better, not worth, but different.

May 3, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #820 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerprinted
As for me, I convert music using EAC+Lame all preset standard + VBR 192. This way I get 74 min album ~ 100-110mb, while using ATRAC 256 I get 74 min album ~ 140-150mb (I had Hi-MD player, It was 6 albums for 1Gb Hi-MD in ATRAC 256). Sound's different, not better, not worth, but different.

how much is heavy a song converted in atrac plus at maximum quality?

for example a 4 minutes song.

May 3, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #821 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Actually, there aren't really any "errors" in my review, as I mentioned at the conclusion of the review, I was merely documenting what my experience was as an HD3 owner. Anything that has come to light since I wrote the review last December doesn't change what I experienced and what I documented way back then. In other words, I'm not going to be editing the review any time soon. Perhaps if Sony had made the HD3 a little more intuitive in the first place, we wouldn't have to be beating this dead horse.
wink.gif

I beg your pardon, mavis, but I have to agree with DigDub. I am under the impression that a big chunk of the aforementioned review is written without having much experience with the device. Especially the "now playing" feature can not be any more intuitive. You press and hold the Mode button. This is common practice; the "easy to use" iPod has employed the same method for powering down.

I, too, am of the opinion that the review should be revised as it is largely inaccurate.

May 3, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #822 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel
I beg your pardon, mavis, but I have to agree with DigDub. I am under the impression that a big chunk of the aforementioned review is written without having much experience with the device. Especially the "now playing" feature can not be any more intuitive. You press and hold the Mode button. This is common practice; the "easy to use" iPod has employed the same method for powering down.

I, too, am of the opinion that the review should be revised as it is largely inaccurate.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, Mavis seems to have a problem accepting it when he's wrong.

May 3, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #823 of 860
To above posts "demanding" a new review. I agree. Come on Mavis, OK the HD3 isn't perfect, but I doubt most people will read 30+ pages to find out some problems you pointed out may have been down to inexperience when using it. Did I also read earlier in this thread you was hampered by lack of Eng support? Seriously, putting the HD3 down 'cos you don't know Jap is harsh when the Eng support came along a month later.

At least do a revised review thats labelled so, so people aren't put off by dis-information

May 3, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #824 of 860
I have for three weeks the HD3 european version, and now, i Have the iAudio M3L by Cowon.

On features, sound quality -No hiss: 95 N/R, separation between channels, clarity-, battery live and desing wins the iAudio.

This my opinion, i´m not an audiophile, but the music is a big part of my life
smily_headphones1.gif

Excuse my grammar... I am from Spain
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #825 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
To above posts "demanding" a new review. I agree. Come on Mavis, OK the HD3 isn't perfect, but I doubt most people will read 30+ pages to find out some problems you pointed out may have been down to inexperience when using it. Did I also read earlier in this thread you was hampered by lack of Eng support? Seriously, putting the HD3 down 'cos you don't know Jap is harsh when the Eng support came along a month later.

At least do a revised review thats labelled so, so people aren't put off by dis-information

OK, how about a list of all the things I should change? I'll go ahead and edit the review, adding the correct info.

So far there's the mode button thing. What else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back