Sony NW-F807 Observations
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 53
I suspect the Walkman will not provide enough power to drive those headphones properly, but you will only know by trying it.  I don't own the headphones, so I don't know for sure.  The only heaphones I have used with my Walman are:

1) the included in-ear
2) the Sony MDR-NWN33S
3) the Sony MDR-NWNC200
4) the Sony MDR-7520

#4 requires the most power out of all the above, but they are only 24 ohm headphones.  They require very little power to drive, and I get very good sound and loudness at 50% volume using these.

Your 38 ohm headphones will need more power.

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 53
Hi, I just get myself a F807. It really sounds great with wider and clean sounding compare to my previous E series. :)

However, my F807 just support on japanese n english. Do you guys have any idea to enable the player to support on more language such as chinese, korean and etc?

Really need you guys help and I will be much appreciated if anyone can help me out.

May 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:
I have a work-around for the Music Analyzer bug that results in it crashing after analyzing hundreds of songs.  I believe the issue is memory related.  After twenty four hours of scanning, I stop the analyzer followed by holding down the power button to shut the device off.  Note that the device really does not shut off even when you do this.  It simply resets itself then eventually gets into a locked state.  It is more of a reboot than anything else.  Anyway, the device doesn't crash during the 24 hour scan, so I just do this every day.

I am up to twelve calendar days of scanning, and the device has not reached 50% completion yet.  I have the same 8,001 MP3 files copied from my A867.  Finally, the F Series Walkman has less usable storage space than the A Series.  This is most likely due to the Android stuff taking up space.

Hello, and read that like utilicar SensMe and you put the analyzer Player manual.

I wanted to let you know that you have an advantage of reproducotr Japanese edition, you can use the X-Application program and the program is responsible for analyzing the music for you and send the logs to the walkman so you wont have to wait so long (not counting the support Atrac).

You should give it a try the program.

May 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #20 of 53
Hello, and thank you for the tip.

Unfortunately, x-apps does not install on my version of Windows 7.  It does not install on the English language version of the operating system, so I cannot use it.

The first scan took a very long time.  It took three full weeks to complete the detailed scan.  Scanning newly added music does not take so long, so it is no longer an issue.

May 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #21 of 53
Sorry, I viajae too.

X-APPS is for moving files and the SensMe attractive yet
MediaGo also makes an analysis of your music and send the log to your walkman, you leave the link to MediaGo 

If you are interested in X-APPS I can send a link for you to download (and is modified for installation on systems in English), do not give it right now that the would have to get on a server

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #22 of 53
Hey guys,

The one thing I haven't found any information on, neither online nor in the manual, is whether or not it is possible to play music from the device whilst it's charging. I'm seeing a whole bunch of line out dock cables but none with a USB charging cable as part of the solution.

My idea is to use an NW-F807 in a car as the primary audio source with a USB charger to keep it going on those long road trips but also to act as a trigger for some automation application so that when it's charging, it resumes playback of the last song playing and when it's not charging, it stops playback. So if it is possible to achieve this simultaneous operation, as though it were actually plugged into an official amplified dock, then we're in business.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #23 of 53
When I connect my Z it asks whether one wants it to be "USB connected"; if you disimiss that it doesn't mount but does charge and you can play music; I don't have an F but it should be the same...

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #24 of 53
Thanks for the feedback. I just got my F807 in today and it's a brilliant unit, as expected. I've installed Automagic Premium and my first theory about playing and pausing the currently played track (addressing Neutron Player) by detecting power being applied to the charging cable works great. external power on = play, external power off = pause.

Once I get the spare USB charge cable and the LOD cable I purchased over eBay, I'll be combining the two cables together to see if I can get my line out while it's on charge. All I can say is, so far, it's looking very positive and my plan will work well!

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 53
If you are interested in X-APPS I can send a link for you to download (and is modified for installation on systems in English), do not give it right now that the would have to get on a server

Hi Alex,

Any chance you can send me a link for this modified X-Apps as well? I didn't read this until AFTER I painstakingly modified the contents of the lang.dtd file last night and while it's certainly more usable, I know it could be better. :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #26 of 53
I take it back about automating it with the Neutron Player. After realising that the Japanese model actually handles ATRAC as well, I've gone back to automating the stock playback software instead for the ATRAC capability. It'll save me having to re-encode my entire library I've accumulated over the last 8 years using SonicStage.

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:
Hi Alex,

Any chance you can send me a link for this modified X-Apps as well? I didn't read this until AFTER I painstakingly modified the contents of the lang.dtd file last night and while it's certainly more usable, I know it could be better.
rolleyes.gif

Hare the modification and during the day I send the URL per

Note:

I'm going to prepare for English native systems if your operating system is not in English natively let me know in which language is to modify

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #30 of 53
One tip that I or at least to me it has worked but is tedious

I have iTunes, Media Monkey, Media Player (the only offer for the network share on my TV, PS3, Walkman F and my Sister Laptop) and last pot SonicStage

All my music is in WAV and iTunes both MP and ST MM reproduce it this way I have no backups duplicate or flac or anything.

When I put music to my ipod touch iTunes AAC use that automatically converts

To my Files "Atrac3 Plus" also use SonicStage to do it automatically

To my Cowon Z2 and any dispositovs I bring my friends or acquaintances in general use in half monkey for cowon oog and mp3 lame V0 and all others automatically

It is slow but really worth consideraro, you can get started with the music you're listening more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back