SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #1,606 of 2,453
I am thinking I will wait to see what Sony adds to the A40. Not expecting a big difference from the A35 but hoping they bring back AptX support. I would never bother with the A20 series as it adds nothing that I want that my A17 doesn't have.

I would love to see aptX support too. As everyone keeps saying this maybe highly unlikely due to Sony's own LDAC. On another note, The SD 835 processor has BT 5.0, and i am guessing it would do wonders once its adopted by companies.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,607 of 2,453
Just got My A35 today.... Plugged it to the Sony PHA-1A eu for a great improvement... to early for conclusion but I can say the file transfer is a pain in the ...
Sony silly limitations made the amp to weak, even for my rather sensitive Shure SE425's.
More impressions to follow but the combo is remarquable ! far more refined than my Fiio X5II + E12A...

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,608 of 2,453
it doesn't show me the list of albums or artists once I press the home button then I go back to the playback screen and press the back button it goes back to the home page!, I want to go back to the albums list of the artist I'm playing.

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #1,609 of 2,453
it doesn't show me the list of albums or artists once I press the home button then I go back to the playback screen and press the back button it goes back to the home page!, I want to go back to the albums list of the artist I'm playing.

Mine didn't have any problem like that. I only experienced some random reboots but now the problem seems gone.
Backup and factory reset are the only solution here
:thinking:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #1,611 of 2,453
IMG_2168.JPG
Love this DAP :smile:

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #1,613 of 2,453
I hope, for A40-series Sony will switch to USB Type-C.
Don't count on it, Sony like most electronics companies makes more money from the accessories than the product. Having to buy proprietary cables means more money for them. Just like Apple will never go with any main stream connectors on their portable devices. It may also be that Sony's unique design for their DAP's precludes the use of standard connectors.

Jun 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #1,614 of 2,453
Don't count on it, Sony like most electronics companies makes more money from the accessories than the product. Having to buy proprietary cables means more money for them. Just like Apple will never go with any main stream connectors on their portable devices. It may also be that Sony's unique design for their DAP's precludes the use of standard connectors.

Completely agree with you. Very sneaky for a big business like Sony though.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #1,617 of 2,453
LOL, you're lucky that Sony gave up o their memory Stick.

Hahaha i can never forget them. have a few chips around. Such a relief they are gone. lol

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #1,620 of 2,453
Hi there,

Planning on getting this player next month, I hope you guys could help me make a decision. I've had Walkman players in the past and yes, they all sounded good for an mp3 player with limited video codec support. I was satisfied with their sound quality since I primarily using either downloaded 256kbps mp3 at that time or ATRAC3 plus. Not til I had this Samsung Galaxy S1 with Voodoo Sound modification. I have been using this device for over 4 years now as my music player because it sounds good. Even better that the Fiio X3 which I sold after a week since it sounds sooo bad to my ears. Good amp but unusual sounding player.

I just want to know if this Walkman player will sound better than my Galaxy S1 with Wolfson WM8994 plus Voodoo Sound and Neutron Player. Because I badly need to replace it as the battery don't last more than 4 hours. Oh and I am using MDR EX510 and MDR-EX800st IEM's.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back