SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #736 of 2,453
  So I was wondering: if I decide to buy a Japanese version, how does that work out in case I need a repair?

Either send it back to the seller (depending on options) or straight to sony themselves.  In all honesty though, now everything is flash based I can't see much going wrong.  I suppose that the headphone socket is the weak point but that would be about it.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #738 of 2,453

So I was wondering: if I decide to buy a Japanese version, how does that work out in case I need a repair?

your post is not entirely clear what it means if you need repairs?

​Well i had a zx100 from hongkong via accessoryJack and it needed some repairs, so AJ acted as intermediary between me and sony HK, hassle-free. I had to pay shipping both ways though

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #739 of 2,453
I ordered this screen protector from China, seller beyonddmacys - 3 pcs for 2 bucks, not much of a risk. It's in the mail, let's see, how long it takes to get it here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Clear-Matte-LCD-Screen-Protector-Guard-Film-Cover-for-Sony-NW-A35HN-/262762331979

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #741 of 2,453
  Do you recall how much shipping you paid? thanks

If you add the item you are interested in to the basket, it will ask you for your location.  You will then get a couple of options, either normal, or express.  Express runs the risk of being more likely to be taxed.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #742 of 2,453

​Well i had a zx100 from hongkong via accessoryJack and it needed some repairs, so AJ acted as intermediary between me and sony HK, hassle-free. I had to pay shipping both ways though

Do you recall how much shipping you paid? thanks

​I remember like $38 USD AJ to mexico and the way mexico to AJ repair center was higher $64 mainbly because DHL express

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #743 of 2,453
Which one is better if only sound quality is important, the AK Jr. or the A30? I can get a Ak Jr for nearly the same price as the A30 as it is currently on sale.

Which one is better if only sound quality is important, the AK Jr. or the A30? I can get a Ak Jr for nearly the same price as the A30 as it is currently on sale.

i didn't try any of them but i don't like Jr. almost all reviews mentions the laggyness of that player 

I am using a A26HN as my daily DAP. Recently I purchased an AK Jr out of curiosity.

While the AK Jr sounds better, I hated, hated, hated the lagginess of its touch UI. Tapping one page back from the now playing page can at first seem to not register, but is actually lagging. After 3 seconds, you think the first tap didn't register, so you tap again. By the time the UI catches up, you've gone two taps back to the home screen.

Another issue is that the AK Jr is very picky on ID3 tags. Cover artworks in PNG? Sony, no problem. iOS, no problem. The AK won't display them. APE tags? The AK gets stuck when doing a library scan.

The whole experience with the AK Jr is infuriating. I've already put up the AK Jr for sale, and I can't wait to get rid of that damn thing.

Trust me; save your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #744 of 2,453
My tagging i tnd to be standard and i try to use FLAC (Vorbis comments) for flac tagging and Works on my WM1A

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #745 of 2,453
Selling my red A35 for $300AUD if anyone's interested PM me.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #747 of 2,453
I had the occasion to play with the NW-A35 at CES since it was driving their MDR-1000X demos.  I didn't realize it was an unreleased product (in the US) at the time, but thought the player, UI, and sound quality was very good.  I wondered why I was still using a Sandisk Sansa Fuze.  So, I looked it up today and discover it's not readily available in the US yet.
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #748 of 2,453
Jan 9, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #749 of 2,453

I am in the market for an SD card and currently I use my 64 gb that is 99% full already. I remember recalling this post where you have said 200gb card works well. Are you sure the device recognizes the card as 200 gb card? Based on your answer I will decide if I need to go for 200 gb card or 128 gb card. Thanks in advance. 

In case you haven't gotten an answer I can confirm that a Sandisk Ultra 200gb sdxc will work with the A35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back