SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jan 5, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #723 of 2,453
I find it to sound great

Okay, thanks. I have never before used an SD-card for music listening but now that the A30 only comes in 16 gb options for Europe, it's useful to know differences between SD-cards. Apparently Sony even has a dedicated SD-card for music. I wonder if it's just a marketing ploy 
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #724 of 2,453
I find it to sound great

Okay, thanks. I have never before used an SD-card for music listening but now that the A30 only comes in 16 gb options for Europe, it's useful to know differences between SD-cards. Apparently Sony even has a dedicated SD-card for music. I wonder if it's just a marketing ploy :p
for sure is a marketing gimmick, also recommend you SanDisk (now western digotal)

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #725 of 2,453
I have friends who tried the Sony card and said there is a difference as compared to other cards. But the difference may not be worth the asking price.

I know of someone who bought various 2/4Gb cards from the various brands to test and see which is the best.

Am thinking of getting the Sony mircoSD card to test though.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #727 of 2,453
  Sony only sells the black version with headphones in Europe. Annoying move...

Actually I just noticed on the sony.co.uk site "NW A35 - price unavailable" (helpful) and "NW A35hn - with headphone price unavailable". 

Has anyone got the price and date if it was announced?  Still tempted to get it through aj just to avoid the volume cap.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #728 of 2,453
Apparently it's going to cost £180 in the uk, out February. Not bad Sony. Nice to see a lower end model for a change. Think I may hold out for this one.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #731 of 2,453
I gotten a A35 together with the original flip case today. The flip is kept closed by small magnets. No screen sleep function thought. All buttons and ports ex are accessible when the flip is closed.

I gotten this to replace my old A10, however to my horror, my most needed features from A10 did not inherited to A30. With the default firmware 1.02, paired with my Sony MDR-1000X and found out that all sound enhancement features (EQ, surrounds, etc) do not apply to BT headset, including this BT flagship by Sony themselves..

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #732 of 2,453
I always turn off all the sound enhancement on the A15 before (paired with MDR-1ABT), so when I got the A35 that's not an issue for me, and the overall sound is definitely better than A15 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #734 of 2,453
I gotten a A35 together with the original flip case today. The flip is kept closed by small magnets. No screen sleep function thought. All buttons and ports ex are accessible when the flip is closed.

I gotten this to replace my old A10, however to my horror, my most needed features from A10 did not inherited to A30. With the default firmware 1.02, paired with my Sony MDR-1000X and found out that all sound enhancement features (EQ, surrounds, etc) do not apply to BT headset, including this BT flagship by Sony themselves..

That's a handsome case. I might follow your lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back