SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Dec 19, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #647 of 2,453
I sold my ZX100 in February, so I am not sure. But they seem to be in technically comparable levels of sound quality. I remember ZX100 to be more bassy and presenting a somewhat lush and warmer midrange, wheras A35 seemed to be more neutral and at least as clear sounding. Both present instruments more realistically than A10 / A20 series with more air around them. 

Yet for further comparison, I need to check it with a ZX100 in hand. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #648 of 2,453
Bought a red NW-35 from a Sony shop in Singapore. Had to bite the bullet for the official Sony screen protector which costed bloody $19, oh and the transparent case? $29. God.

Anyway, UI can get a little laggy at times while scrolling but it works fine. Battery is fantastic. I keep it switched on because it takes quite awhile to start up. Last I remember it had 1/4 charge left after 3 days with about 3-4 hours of playback a day and the rest being standy.

Sound wise, I can't really say much since the only other player I can compare at hand is my fiio X1.

So far so good, can't find any major issues with the player. An option to change the colour of the UI would be a nice addition.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #649 of 2,453
Bought a red NW-35 from a Sony shop in Singapore. Had to bite the bullet for the official Sony screen protector which costed bloody $19, oh and the transparent case? $29. God.

Anyway, UI can get a little laggy at times while scrolling but it works fine. Battery is fantastic. I keep it switched on because it takes quite awhile to start up. Last I remember it had 1/4 charge left after 3 days with about 3-4 hours of playback a day and the rest being standy.

Sound wise, I can't really say much since the only other player I can compare at hand is my fiio X1.

So far so good, can't find any major issues with the player. An option to change the colour of the UI would be a nice addition.

is the leather case available for sale as well? got my a36hn from malaysia due exchange rate. 1099myr vs 469sgd explains itself

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #652 of 2,453
Anyone use clearaudio+? Tried playing with it yesterday and it made the soundstage a lot wider. Still not sure what my opinion about it is exactly. I'd have to try it out with different IEMs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #653 of 2,453
Anyone use clearaudio+? Tried playing with it yesterday and it made the soundstage a lot wider. Still not sure what my opinion about it is exactly. I'd have to try it out with different IEMs.

Idk about the current version but on the A17 I remember someone calling it the "fun button" on that thread, it can sound great with the right track and a bit off with others.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #654 of 2,453
Ordered me a shiny new A35 in cinnabar red today, should be here tomoz. Question: does my SD card have to be a specific format for this player?

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #655 of 2,453
Ordered me a shiny new A35 in cinnabar red today, should be here tomoz. Question: does my SD card have to be a specific format for this player?

Files have to be in the "Music" folder in order for it to be detected. The player automatically created the necessary files and folders without needing formatting on my end. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #657 of 2,453

Clear Audio+ can be one of the reasons to choose Walkman's. With suitable headphones and songs it can turn the record into pure joy, taking the bass and treble closer to your ears giving more impact and dispersing mids on the stage producing a 3D presentation.

It especially sounds wonderful with pop and electronic music tracks. And let me state that WM series Walkman's (WM1Z & WM1A) do not have Clear Audio+ enhancement.

In A15 I didn't like Clear Audio+ in many songs, but in ZX100 its just bliss coupled with the players forward mids. It's good in A35 also.

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #658 of 2,453
Can anyone do a comparison with the shanling M1?

I prefer the Sony, its more musical, just has something more refined, tho its a close call, i like both because M1 is a sweet piece and cheap enough.ive put my a35 for sale here, but im not gonna sell anymore, hope that answers :spy:

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #659 of 2,453

Clear Audio+ can be one of the reasons to choose Walkman's. With suitable headphones and songs it can turn the record into pure joy, taking the bass and treble closer to your ears giving more impact and dispersing mids on the stage producing a 3D presentation.

It especially sounds wonderful with pop and electronic music tracks. And let me state that WM series Walkman's (WM1Z & WM1A) do not have Clear Audio+ enhancement.

In A15 I didn't like Clear Audio+ in many songs, but in ZX100 its just bliss coupled with the players forward mids. It's good in A35 also.

Played with clearaudio some more. It was mind blowing for some albums. But really crap for more.

For the good ones it added warmth and impact with a huge soundstage with my very neutral CIEM.

For most tracks it made it sound muddy and digital sounding.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back