SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Oct 12, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #181 of 2,453
WM1A and Z listed on US sony site but no A30
frown.gif

Not surprising with Sony US's launch pattern the past years with these players.

I am already resigned to the fact that I will most likely have to ask my cousin to buy one for me in Asia and ship it over if I do not want to potentially wait till sometime in 2017 for the US launch.

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #182 of 2,453

I am already resigned to the fact that I will most likely have to ask my cousin to buy one for me in Asia and ship it over if I do not want to potentially wait till sometime in 2017 for the US launch.

Not on the uk site either fwiw.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #185 of 2,453

Yep, ebay sellers from Korea will have it way before and lower price than U.S. will. I bought my A15 for $190 shipped and it was ages before it came to Sony U.S. and then dropped to that price. Oh, and mine was the blue which I couldn't even buy here. Sony US will probably leave the red out this time for the A30 cause that is the color I want lol!

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #186 of 2,453

:) It's time someone hacked Sony Pictures' servers. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #187 of 2,453

Yep, ebay sellers from Korea will have it way before and lower price than U.S. will. I bought my A15 for $190 shipped and it was ages before it came to Sony U.S. and then dropped to that price. Oh, and mine was the blue which I couldn't even buy here. Sony US will probably leave the red out this time for the A30 cause that is the color I want lol!

I just came back from a trip to HK and I almost got myself a NW-A25HN (not available in the US of course) for HK$1640 ( approx. US$211).

Here in the US you can get the NW-A26HN for $318, for the $107 difference you only get additional 16GB of on-board storage, no thanks.

The only reason I ended up not getting the A25HN in HK was the lack of a touch screen on the A20's.

2 days after I landed back home, Sony announced the A30 series, boy was I glad I didn't end up getting the A25HN in HK.

Now I'm waiting for them to drop in Asia and I'm getting one.

Sony US and UK should just stop the delayed launch BS, discount the older model and bring out the new models the same time as the rest of the world.

Are they really expecting their customers not to find out about the new models that are being kept from them? Stupid!

Oh and BTW, now that I'm in the complaining mode, why are they still trying to sell the A17 on the US site? And for $299??? I don't think you can find the A17 on any other country's Sony site (at least not Asian countries). Make no sense.

Ok I'm done   :)

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #188 of 2,453
Here in Singapore they're clearing the A25 and A26HN. Prices are 160 USD and 230 USD respectively.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #190 of 2,453
Can someone please tell me what is the max. SD card size of Sony A15? In Sony site says 64GB or more. What is more? 200GB?

According to the player's product page on Sony China website, it says the player can support up to 128gb cards. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #191 of 2,453
There doesn't seem to be any information to confirm it will support 200gb cards - if it doesn't that crosses it off the list for me as I recently filled up my 128gb card and will have my new 200gb card delivered today.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #193 of 2,453
All of these players usually conservatively estimate what's supported.  Many times I've had players/phones/etc. that say they only support 64 or whatever and bigger cards work.

I assume it would support them, I was just expecting it to be proudly stated in the info. I thought perhaps there had been issues with the larger capacity cards in previous players, but then I would have read about it here.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #194 of 2,453
Hopefully these would be better than the A20 series which imo were a failure.
The A20s catered to a very niche market of audiophiles who value portability over sound quality. They are extremely light and small compared to the heavy xduoo x3 and clunky fiios. However, their sound quality for their price point is underwhelming. It sounds worse than xduoo x which cost half the price, and sounds not much better than the modern day smartphone, giving the average consumer no reason to for out 200usd for them. Seems like they sacrificed too much audio quality for its small lightweight size. I hpoe the A30s can have audio quality to compete with the aforementioned mp3s

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #195 of 2,453
Hopefully these would be better than the A20 series which imo were a failure.
The A20s catered to a very niche market of audiophiles who value portability over sound quality. They are extremely light and small compared to the heavy xduoo x3 and clunky fiios. However, their sound quality for their price point is underwhelming. It sounds worse than xduoo x which cost half the price, and sounds not much better than the modern day smartphone, giving the average consumer no reason to for out 200usd for them. Seems like they sacrificed too much audio quality for its small lightweight size. I hpoe the A30s can have audio quality to compete with the aforementioned mp3s

Couldn't disagree more... have tried multiple "better" daps since and keep coming back to my A10 Walkmen. The big SQ issue imo is that they are rather low powered, but its also OK amp source and the small size makes it great for stacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back