Sony MDR-ZX700 or Bose AE2 or Other Brand
Jan 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kage

Head-Fier
I want to buy some headphones for my iPod Touch that are not too bassy. I have the Sennheiser HD558's in my main audio system. The type of music that I listen to is Christian Rock. I've want to spend up to $150. I do not want iems or earbuds because both types are not comfortable for my ears. I prefer around the ear headphones. I been looking at the Sony MDR-ZX700 and Bose AE2. Out of the two headphones which one is better in the following:
1. Comfort level
2. Sound quality
3. Build quality 

If there are any other brands, please recommend them here.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 3
I can't comment much at the moment because my ZX700s haven't arrived yet but they do seem to be a more balanced can than most around that area and may suit you. Christian rock is a genre that these should have no trouble with but of course you never know whether you'll prefer the AE2s level of bass. Regardless of what the bose haters say, AE2s are a good can, but you're going to pay a premium for the label and they just do not justify the price. My friend has a pair of AE2s and XB700s, I can provide a quick comparison to those two in a couple of days once my ZX700s have arrived. I know that's all a bit vague but I hope the input helps.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 3
The ZX700s have arrived now, as far as comfort and sound quality go, they are excellent but do get a little warm with the pleather pads. Sound quality is superb and very balanced, I find the mids slightly more pronounced than on my 598 but that may change with burn in. The bass is definitely there but there's far 'less' of it than on the XB range and the AE2s, what is there is quite punchy though. Controlled but still with a 'slam' when necessary. Hope these ramblings help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back