Sony MDR-Z7M2 Headphone Thread
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #842 of 2,454
Is the HD800 much better than the z7m2 in sound quality? is there a comparison?
Properly driven the HD800, the HD800 is neck to neck to Susvara. It takes a really good amp to get there though.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #846 of 2,454
Sep 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #848 of 2,454
That'll be in Aussie dollars, and if you're in the USA, the exchange rate's favouring you blokes big time :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I just checked and apparently the site only ships within Australia, so anyone outside the country will have to miss out

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #849 of 2,454
Aint there shipping service? Someone just posted that they found a way to goa round it too.
I have found a way around on the shipping from Australia. IF you are interested PM me.
I dont know why he's being indirect with it tho.

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #850 of 2,454
Aint there shipping service? Someone just posted that they found a way to goa round it too.

I dont know why he's being indirect with it tho.
That person sounds sketchy. I looked into this and found a couple proxy shippers for Australian orders. I did not come away with a confident feeling about how they worked. I'm familiar with Japanese proxy shippers and the Australian services are not on the same plane in terms of process structure and transparency. They almost seem like popup outfits. It's really risky imo.

If you bought a headphone from Australia and it turned out to be defective what would you do?

Also, the price seems too low to be true. A headfi member with only 15 posts on a three old account pops in here with what amounts to a spam message. Frankly, it should be avoided.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #851 of 2,454
Folks, I am not trying to be sketchy but felt that it may be inappropriate to recommend in public way. Since I do not post often, please do not treat people like us as a spam.All you could have done is send me PM and it would have taken same time as writing useless criticism.

Still, to help those who really want to do it, I ordered the Z1R via addictedtoaudio.com and opened an account with AUSFF.com.au service to receive my package in Australia and then shipped onward to Boston.

AUSFF will provide you with an Australian address where the headphone should be shipped. Please pay particular attention to the shipping address and include all details that will enable AUSFF to know that package is for your account (they provide a C/O number which is critical).Opening the account with AUSFF is pretty easy but there is a verification process (uploading a Photo ID and utility bill to confirm you are a real person) you need to go through before they accept your PayPal payment and ship it onwards.

Shipping was a bit expensive (~ US 170 including AUD 1000 insurance) but totally worth considering the service that AUSFF provided. For the Z1R, this whole experience turned out to be totally worth it (Final cost of Z1R was 1250 Including AUSFF services). You will have to figure out the costs of shipping for Z7 but I expect it to be similar to Z1R as the size / weight are pretty close. I used the AUSPOST express service but you can perhaps save some money by using a cheaper shipping method and skipping the insurance but that is totally your call.

Hope this helps at least some of you...

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #852 of 2,454
they are sony auth dealer. i have purchused from them few times.

That person sounds sketchy. I looked into this and found a couple proxy shippers for Australian orders. I did not come away with a confident feeling about how they worked. I'm familiar with Japanese proxy shippers and the Australian services are not on the same plane in terms of process structure and transparency. They almost seem like popup outfits. It's really risky imo.

If you bought a headphone from Australia and it turned out to be defective what would you do?

Also, the price seems too low to be true. A headfi member with only 15 posts on a three old account pops in here with what amounts to a spam message. Frankly, it should be avoided.

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #853 of 2,454
they are sony auth dealer. i have purchused from them few times.
I second that. This was my first purchase from Addictedtoaudio and everything was perfect. Since they are authorized Sony dealers and they are selling fresh stock, you really need to ask yourself if the risk / benefit is favorable or not. Every person's risk taking ability is different, so answer will have to be on personal basis.

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #854 of 2,454
So give a shady person in a foreign country a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your utility bill. THAT MAKES SOOOOOO MUCH SENSE!

I'm totally sure you won't be a victim of identity theft doing this

Heck, let's cough up our social security numbers while we're at it and make it easier for the Aussie scammers.

Hopefully this outbreak of Aussie spam evaporates in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #855 of 2,454
So give a shady person in a foreign country a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your utility bill. THAT MAKES SOOOOOO MUCH SENSE!

I'm totally sure you won't be a victim of identity theft doing this

Heck, let's cough up our social security numbers while we're at it and make it easier for the Aussie scammers.

Hopefully this outbreak of Aussie spam evaporates in the next couple of days.
I do not know what you’re personal issues are but you seem to have serious problem in seeing the facts and have persistent doubting nature . No one is forcing you to buy anything from Australia but please do not spew your personal doubts and slap everyone who is trying to help others as spam.

I personally have been very satisfied and saved almost 800 dollars on the Z1R. Which is significant for me .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back