SONY MDR XB700 vs Beats Pro vs Pioneer hdj 2000
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Benji8500

New Head-Fier
Me and my friends were having a debate about which is best but we couldnt reach a conclusion, do you know which is the bassiest and best sounding headphone of this three

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 18
It really depends what you are using these headphones for.  To start, we can completely elminate Beats because these headphones aren't within the same ranking as the other two pair of cans.  I own a pair of Sony MDR XB-700s and I have never heard a set of headphones with more bass, besides the MDR XB-1000s.  So for personal media use, I would say the MDR's are better than the Pioneers.  The only advantage the pioneers have over the MDR's is that they swivel, which could be preferable to DJ's.   
http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/7f/7f11a427_graphCompare.png  
http://www.best-headphone-review.com/images/pioneerhdj2000graph.php.jpg

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 18
The HDJ2000 is the most balanced of the 3 and the 700 is the most bassy. Both have better extension than the Beats but eh Beats probably take it overall build quality wise they they can be uncomfortable due to weight. 

You also have to consider price between them all. The XB700 is the easy pick for price to performance.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 18
The HDJ2000 is the best when you factor in sound, comfort, cost, looks and durability. 
The PRO has a lot of bass but the quality of the bass sucks when compared to the HDJ2000. 

In the end the best headphone is the one that works and sound the best for you. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
The HDJ2000 is the best when you factor in sound, comfort, cost, looks and durability. 
The PRO has a lot of bass but the quality of the bass sucks when compared to the HDJ2000. 

I beg to differ.  Look at those frequencies on the charts i posted, the MDR is pretty on par with the Pioneers aside from the boost on the bass.  Plus you have to consider that this guy is posting headphones generally used in the world of Electronic Dance Music, chances are he is going to want a solid bass response.  The pioneers roll off at way too high of a frequency. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:
I beg to differ.  Look at those frequencies on the charts i posted, the MDR is pretty on par with the Pioneers aside from the boost on the bass.  Plus you have to consider that this guy is posting headphones generally used in the world of Electronic Dance Music, chances are he is going to want a solid bass response.  The pioneers roll off at way too high of a frequency. 

I had all three headphones before and the XB700 was good but it did nothing better than what I already had. The HDJ2000 was more balanced and the PRO sounded better.
I returned the XB700 after a week of owning them. 

Like I said

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #14 of 18
Have not tried a Sony XB, but I've demo'd both the HDJ and the Pro, and think they're fairly well matched. They both have kind of a "2D wall of sound" monitor presentation, are punchy, and have a decent amount of bass slam. Neither is super comfortable imho, the Pioneer weigh less but seem to fit worse, the Pro are heavier but seem to fit more naturally. I don't really love either - but I think both would satisfy a "basshead." If you want a more refined and spacious presentation with better fit and comfort, at that $300-$400 range, I'd look at Kenwood instead (imho they have similar bass impact to the other two, but more quality and control over it - so they don't "boom").

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #15 of 18
Would you pay $399.95 for the Beats Pro?

You can get the XB700 for less than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back