Sony MDR-XB500 fake?
May 28, 2012 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

visuddha

New Head-Fier
i bought a Sony MDR-XB500 headphones form amazon.co.uk. It cost be around £40
($ 62) . 

and this package came with the headphone. it says made in Thailand. But i found few other different packaging boxes in the internet. Why these headphones comes in different packages? im have doubts weather my Headphones are fake ones! anyone have any idea why this is?

May 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 18
They are from different countries/years. Sony and other brands like pioneer seem to remodel their packaging from time to time, and sometimes for different countries. I wouldn't think too much about it. If you don't want to open the packaging, inspect the headphones from the outside of it and compare it to other pictures. I'm pretty sure they are not fake, but I recommend making sure.

May 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
They are from different countries/years. Sony and other brands like pioneer seem to remodel their packaging from time to time, and sometimes for different countries. I wouldn't think too much about it. If you don't want to open the packaging, inspect the headphones from the outside of it and compare it to other pictures. I'm pretty sure they are not fake, but I recommend making sure.

thanx RobustOrange. i unboxed the headphoneas and remove the package :frowning2:.T hey say made in Thailand after all. So i guess i bought a original one

May 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 18
The quickest way to determine if it's fake or not, give it a listen, fakes won't be able to provide such an unique amount of "feel-the-bass" impact and such a good extension it'll play sub-20Hz tones so loud you'll feel them.

May 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:
The quickest way to determine if it's fake or not, give it a listen, fakes won't be able to provide such an unique amount of "feel-the-bass" impact and such a good extension it'll play sub-20Hz tones so loud you'll feel them.

ok i'll that i think i would be able to find that range in a hiphop song :)

May 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #14 of 18

May 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

yeah black got more look :) its also bit prizy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back