Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's
Dec 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #31 of 131

Quote:

I would LOVE that :)
Greatly appreciated if you do :D!

Well we should negotiate via PM, not ina  rush right now, but would be great to see what price you may offer them at.
About amazon.DE = that is a great price, but I don't know if they are willing to post to france/UK - I'll check now though!

HD25 range isn't for me. I don't need anything portable. my TFTA1XB's earphones cover portability like a charm :D

I love UK bass - so it would be lovely to see what you make of them!

No problems, my friend, but just so we're clear that it's the Ultrasone Pro 900 I'm getting tomorrow, and not the Audio-Technica Pro 700 MK II. I'll try some UK bass just for you in my brief comparison tomorrow.. :wink:

Tip: you like bass but want a different kind of dubstep/dnb than normally shown? Check out without.directive

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #32 of 131

Quote:
About amazon.DE = that is a great price, but I don't know if they are willing to post to france/UK - I'll check now though!

HD25 range isn't for me. I don't need anything portable. my TFTA1XB's earphones cover portability like a charm :D

As I understood, it was 6 eur + 0.5 eur per kilo to France - if they do ship headphones to France (and I believe they do).  Unless you have had a chance to properly audition D2000, I would strongly suggest to stick to amazon due to 30 day return option (although I must confess that it took me ~6 months to realise that I ultimately do not want them).
I cannot stand anything in or even close to my ear canal, so supraaurals are the smallest option for me. D2000 could be fine for 'nomad' stationary use, as they are sensitive enough for many DAPs (like Sansa Fuze - by the way, good synergy IMHO).

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #33 of 131

Quote:
No problems, my friend, but just so we're clear that it's the Ultrasone Pro 900 I'm getting tomorrow, and not the Audio-Technica Pro 700 MK II. I'll try some UK bass just for you in my brief comparison tomorrow.. :wink:

Tip: you like bass but want a different kind of dubstep/dnb than normally shown? Check out without.directive

Yes indeed :)
Can't wait for the comparison!
Although give or take burn-in time though!

Quote:
As I understood, it was 6 eur + 0.5 eur per kilo to France - if they do ship headphones to France (and I believe they do).  Unless you have had a chance to properly audition D2000, I would strongly suggest to stick to amazon due to 30 day return option (although I must confess that it took me ~6 months to realise that I ultimately do not want them).
I cannot stand anything in or even close to my ear canal, so supraaurals are the smallest option for me. D2000 could be fine for 'nomad' stationary use, as they are sensitive enough for many DAPs (like Sansa Fuze - by the way, good synergy IMHO).

Well I can audition them but I'll be in the UK by then - and that date will be the 11/01/12 - By that time, would you think that amazon.de will get rid of their offer?
I prefer not rushing into it...but when a good deal like that comes about...might be worth jumping on. £175 for the denon d2000's seems very much worth it, especially brand new.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #34 of 131
How is AMAZON DE cheaper than everyone else 0.0?
Even cheaper than US merchants, UK ones...worldwide best prices!

Price difference is minimal £20 or so - so it depends what are the better phones to get.
Hopefully I'll get some time to listen to the d2k's before this deal goes.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #35 of 131

Quote:
Yes indeed :)
Can't wait for the comparison!
Although give or take burn-in time though!

I can do a quickie tomorrow night with initial impressions and then, after burning in, a whole thread about it. I have to warn you though .. I don't go crazy about burn in, like putting them on pink noise over night and such. Usually I just listen to them and if eventual burn in happens, I get to hear the difference first hand. It happened with my M50s that way - I could hear the difference turn from slightly underwhelming to excellent in a train ride, quite literally. If it was brain burn in or if it was the diaphragms physically loosening up, I'll leave to the pros to discuss. But yeah.. If something happens I want to be there to enjoy it.

Needless to say, but the euphoria when hearing it happen so fast was absolutely something out of this world. 'Euphoria' would just be an euphemism.

Anyway my friend, I'll post some quick impressions and thoughts about both cans tomorrow when I can. No probs.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #36 of 131

Quote:
Anyway my friend, I'll post some quick impressions and thoughts about both cans tomorrow when I can. No probs.

Sweet thanks man!

I'm desperately trying to find a place to demo the D2k's...impossible in paris...you would think...france...might have a place, but instead what do they have?
Beats by dre...bla bla lol

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #37 of 131

Quote:
Sweet thanks man!

I'm desperately trying to find a place to demo the D2k's...impossible in paris...you would think...france...might have a place, but instead what do they have?
Beats by dre...bla bla lol

That's unfortunate. Don't they have any kind of hi-fi stores in Paris? Maybe you just have to dig deeper.. :wink:

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #38 of 131

Quote:
That's unfortunate. Don't they have any kind of hi-fi stores in Paris? Maybe you just have to dig deeper.. :wink:

Nop unfortunately - I don't think they even know what DENON's are.

Or when i walked in a store, guy said denon's suck, although he did recommend me the HD650's, 800's and some beyer DT's - that said, I don't want open styled headphones, and I think the beyers might not be as suited for me.

He was shocked when i told him the d7k's were £800 :p
I taught him a few things about earphones too :wink:

I have no idea where I can find the denon's its impossible - if anyone knows let me know. This is to even look at their price, let alone try them lol

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #39 of 131

Quote:

Nop unfortunately - I don't think they even know what DENON's are.

Or when i walked in a store, guy said denon's suck, although he did recommend me the HD650's, 800's and some beyer DT's - that said, I don't want open styled headphones, and I think the beyers might not be as suited for me.

He was shocked when i told him the d7k's were £800 :p
I taught him a few things about earphones too :wink:

I have no idea where I can find the denon's its impossible - if anyone knows let me know. This is to even look at their price, let alone try them lol

LOL - hey, at least he didn't say "DENONs suck, here, have these: Beats by Dre... best headphones in the world" :D

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #40 of 131

Quote:
LOL - hey, at least he didn't say "DENONs suck, here, have these: Beats by Dre... best headphones in the world" :D

Reason i took him seriously:
And I quote, translated in french: "why the hell do people buy those beats, they are absolutely terrible"

Although when i said...i just wanted to try the beats pro, (as they didn't have it there) as i might be able to get them for £115, his reply: You know I hate you know right?
haha XD!

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #41 of 131

Quote:
Reason i took him seriously:
And I quote, translated in french: "why the hell do people buy those beats, they are absolutely terrible"

Although when i said...i just wanted to try the beats pro, (as they didn't have it there) as i might be able to get them for £115, his reply: You know I hate you know right?
haha XD!

LOL, I can imagine. "Putain de merde, les anglais avec ses beats..." 
angry_face.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #43 of 131
Just found the d2k's at £175 (same price as amazon.DE) except these come from an authorised dealer BASED in the UK.

If i were to buy the d2k's I would buy it from these guys.

EDIT:
Holy crap!
All their denon's are "really" cheap!

C260's = £15  = Usually £20 = £5 difference
C710's = £80 = Usually £90 = £10 difference
D5000's = £380 = Usually £450!! That's £80 difference right there
D7000's = £600 usually £800! = £200 difference, that's CRAZY!

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #44 of 131
Right a little update:
Peter Tyson do not ship abroad, however I will be going to the UK soon, so don't mind it being sent to my UK address.
Now here is the catch:

They might not be getting any more stock in, and only have 2 left. 

Now depending on their reply:I have asked the following questions:​
 ​
1. Is it a 2year warranty covered by them or denon, so do i have to post it out to japan or something, or can go directly via them​
2. If the item is UNOPENED and still boxed, would they take a return and charge me 0% re-stocking fee​
 ​
If no2 is somewhere around those lines, as in they won't charge me, then I'll order the d2k's as soon as I hear a reply.​
Then I will try my best (in the UK or in france) to hear them, and if in the unlikely hood that i don't like them, return them without a "loss"​
 ​
(very friendly people might I add @ peter tyson) ​

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #45 of 131

Quote:
If you want to, I can post some initial D2000 vs Pro 900 feelings tomorrow in this thread - but keep in mind that the Pro 900 is brand new and if you believe in burn in, then it might not mean so much.

Any initial impressions :D?

EDIT:
Called peter Tyson, and they said now they only got 1 left in stock - I took the bullet considering they offer 2 YEARS warranty + returns if un-opened or even opened for 14days.
Now problem is I'll be in the UK, but not at my address during those days...
Hopefully I'll get to demo them beforehand, but now that I have ordered some d2k's I can put my mind to rest about buying them at the right price.

If worst comes to worst, I could sell them on - as at that price of £179, they are a real bargain. Considering RRP at HMV they are £250, on amazon £250, and in-store for a whopping £300 - I can still sell them for the price I bought them fro (with a little loss)

-Xb1k's I thought about it, and as you guys said, possibly not the best solution, considering I have the XB700's already.
-Pro 900's Luco knows me very well, and from his description, might not be to my taste + they are over £300 - I could buy them used, but then won't have that guarantee of 2years, neither will they be brand new.

I just hope I'll like them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back