Sony MDR-V6 Counterfeit comparison thread w/ Pics
Aug 5, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #93 of 98

Are mine real or fake?  I bought them 4 years ago in April 2010.

Earlier in the year, I replaced the ear pads.

My black leather bag had the white lettering.

The numbers seemed to match the indentations on the headband.

Here are some pics.

Last week, my headphones stopped working properly.  I don't hear the full sound from them anymore when I plug them in, I only hear low end sounds like drums and some guitar.  I don't hear higher end vocals or sounds.

However, if I plug them into the last groove, rather than all the way, I hear the full sound. 

I don't trust the sound coming out of them properly anymore, though.

I can't find the instruction manual right now.

I think the packaging looked good, but it was 4 years ago.

Bump.

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #94 of 98
Did the real V6 ever come in a black box?  All the unboxings show it in a gold box.  I'm wondering about this:
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/4621794294.html

The copyright date on it shows 2014; I wonder if Sony updated the box.

Edit: doh, just one page back, a discussion about the black box.  Seems legit; why would the counterfeits change the box if the real ones didn't?

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #95 of 98
This freaks me out I was going to buy some Sony MDRV6's off Amazon and now I am worried I might get a fake with poor audio quality. I remember when I first got a legitimate Sennheiser HD280 Pro lasted me years till the cabling finally had a short. Anyways. I really wanna get a decent pair of headphones for under $100 but it's hard because so many choices and the fact that there is fakes of good headphones out here. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #96 of 98
  This freaks me out I was going to buy some Sony MDRV6's off Amazon and now I am worried I might get a fake with poor audio quality. I remember when I first got a legitimate Sennheiser HD280 Pro lasted me years till the cabling finally had a short. Anyways. I really wanna get a decent pair of headphones for under $100 but it's hard because so many choices and the fact that there is fakes of good headphones out here. 

If your buying the Sony MDR-V6 directly from Amazon, i really doubt they would be fakes.
The Sony MDR-V6 are more for studio audio monitoring, creating and analyzing audio.
There are better choices for someone looking to enjoy music.
Like Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones.

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #97 of 98

If your buying the Sony MDR-V6 directly from Amazon, i really doubt they would be fakes.
The Sony MDR-V6 are more for studio audio monitoring, creating and analyzing audio.
There are better choices for someone looking to enjoy music.
Like Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones.

Takstar Pro80 is currently unavailable for me. (On Amazon)

And the Gemini HSR-1000's are really expensive.

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #98 of 98
How would these compare to the thread in concerns of being legit or not? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-V6-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-Protective-Carrying-Pouch-/112458860546?nma=true&si=C3NGNl%2Bsf%2FT%2B3a71oXm5cKVm3yU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

*UPDATE: I got them three days early, and I looked over them, and they're legit (physical appearance is in order, down to the stickers, they have clamping force from hell like they're supposed to, they resist and click when adjusted like they're supposed to), and sound great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back