sony mdr v6 and fiio e6
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 16
I believe it's worth amping V6, love that headphone and achieve good results.

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 16
You might want to get the 7506 instead of the v6.  The sound is almost identical, and the prices are usually similar, but the 7506 has a higher standard for quality assurance

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 16
You can't go wrong with either. The 7506 is the professional studio version and is made to take just a bit more beating. I owned the MVR 6 forever and it worked flawlessly. It is so efficient it doesn't have to be amped, although amping almost always improves the sound.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 16
Sorry. I just turned 60, am disabled and on medication. Sometimes I get a brain fart. Try the Schiit Asgard 2 ($249)  or Little Dot1+ ($116) with Voshkod tubes ($40) from Yen Audio on eBay. Obviously, these are not portable. A great bang for the buck is a little known portable from Electric Avenues. I think it is the P2S2?. Email them and ask Gary for his opinion on a match with the 6s. Try to keep the 6s out of the heat (hot car) as much as possible. Unless they have changed, the ear pads self destruct pretty easily

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 16
Very! I also contacted a friend of mine at a portable amp company to see if he will kick in $25 so we can get you into to one of his $75 amps with lithium/ion rechargeable batteries. Either way, you will only be $10 away from the 11. The 6 is just not good enough in my opinion.

Regards,
Dave 

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #15 of 16
Send it to me by using the private message feature of Head-Fi. I actually am sitting at the computer at Marriott's Cypress Harbour Timeshare in Orlando. I just got a stamped envelope and will get the cash to you as soon as I know where to send it. I am still waiting to see if my friend is going to help us out.

Regards,
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back